Hey everybody! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

I wanted to upgrade to the newest blackberry bold software but I can't seem to find a proper tutorial for mac users.
    I tried to download the software on RIMs website but there seems to be only PC downloadable versions..

Can someone show me the way?

12-25-09 05:07 AM
    I also need to know this,

But do you already have the desktop manager for mac? Because you can upgrade from their (I think the latest official version is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 08:16 AM
    There is a desktop manager for mac but it kind of stinks. You can download it at na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/. Click the link on that page for mac. If you run windows on your mac via bootcamp or parallels you can upgrade using the PC. Also, You can try OTA upgrade if your carrier offers it by going to options - advanced options - wireless update. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays!
    12-25-09 08:54 AM

thanks for the answers...I do have the desktop manager already installed...

I am looking for a detailed tutorial and the download link to the newest OS...
    I can only find PC versions...

12-25-09 09:43 AM
    Now I understand. You can't install unapproved OS's on the mac desktop manager for mac. It only searches for those approved by your carrier. The only way to do it is using the PC. Sorry.
    12-25-09 10:01 AM
    Alright! thanks anyway!
    12-25-09 11:14 AM
    Normally I don't like it when people don't search but since its christmas I'll try my best to be nice.

Google installing beta os mac blackberry it should pop up a video for using the new dm on mac.

Since I have an intel mac I just use Win7 to do my BB stuff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 11:37 AM