Sorry of this is a repost, if so a link would be great but how do I update my Storm 9530 using a Mac and also what is the best leaked OS out now? I really need to update from .75 to something better and faster.
    Also directions would be great too. Thanks
    04-13-09 10:38 PM
    Do a search and you will find all you need to know. Also there is a forum for Mac users as well. Welcome to CB.
    04-13-09 11:01 PM
    I've got a mac, and I've done a good deal of reading on this site. The bottom line is, BB Desktop Manager will not work on a mac os. If you want to upgrade the phone OS, your best bet is to find someone that has a windows box and will let you back up your contacts and apps, and update the phone OS, and make sure you get everything restored.

I bought VMWare this weekend and am going to be installing XP on my mac so I can work with the DM software and start upgrading my phone.

A bit off topic, but BB offers PocketMac, which is supposed to let you sync media from your mac to your BB. I wasn't able to get it to work, so I bought the Missing Sync, and in the mac os it transfers media just fine.

Good luck with your efforts to upgrade your phone, and welcome.
    04-13-09 11:48 PM
    04-14-09 12:11 AM
    I use VM Fusion with my Storm and my MacBook. I have Vista on seperate screen which is nice. I only use Windows for Blackberry purposes =)
    04-14-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD