07-30-09 11:00 AM
31 12
tools
    I don't sync anything on the Mac side anymore. Or the Windows side either, for that matter. I sync OTA to Google and Address Book.app and iCal sync to Google as well. I manage my own media files without a "sync" tool (which still makes no sense to me in terms of media). No muss, no fuss.

I do backups and OS changes/tweaks in Windows and otherwise I'm good to go without Mac support. I'd love to be able to forgo booting into XP, but for as often as I switch my OS, and as often as I need XP for other stuf anyway, it's not much of an inconvenience.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 07-22-09 at 05:59 AM.
    07-22-09 05:57 AM
    Syncing is such a problem I just bought Windoz Vista Home so I can do this all in BootCamp. But nice to see that a Mac version from RIM will be out in Sept.
    07-22-09 09:24 AM
    Also, any problems plugging it into a different computer? If I used my coworkers to do an update, will it try to sync it instantly or will it see it as a new BBerry and let me configure the sync
    07-22-09 11:58 AM
    You don't have to buy XP it gives a 30 to activate it. install it in Bootcamp or Parallels do your update and the get rid of it. Sure you know someone that has a copy you can use for a day. Or they will let you use their computer to do your upgrade. I use Parallels and have no problems with them co-existing. Anyway you only have to wait till September because Rim found out people actually use Mac. blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp
    07-22-09 01:40 PM
    I run Windows XP with VM Fusion when I need to sync my bb...works just fine for now until September rolls around.
    07-29-09 03:38 PM
    No exact date yet? I cant wait till september, one of the reasons i did not get a blackberry sooner was because of the sync concerns i had. I can't wait to get it on my Mac!!!
    07-30-09 11:00 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD