Hi there!

New Blackberry Bold owner (in fact it's my first BB- yes, I finally gave in...). Anyway, I have a Mac Powerbook G4 and I'm wondering how other Mac users have updated their firmware. All the instructions I've seen online so far have been for PCs. Also, silly related question (forgive me, I'm new at this)- I'm operating v4.6.0.167- is there an update I should be installing to fix some of the bugs?

And small side question- I've been trying to resolve the issue with the phone only ringing once when someone calls. Is there an update that fixes this or is there some other trick?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated-

Thanks!
    03-09-09 09:58 PM
    Mac users are kinda left out in RIM's world. You need Windows to update your firmware for the time being (or a friend with Windows). Seeing as you have a PPC Mac, you won't be able to dual boot Windows yourself so you'll need to find a friend/family member with a PC and follow the instructions found in this forum.

There are a couple of beta releases that work well, like .237 and above, found in the OS Beta section.
    03-09-09 10:35 PM
    Yea, I've never even touched a Mac, but I do kinda feel bad for Mac user's since RIM doesn't really provide any support for them. Kinda mean. If you want, you can check out the Hosted BB Stuff link in my sig for OSes as well.

Chris
    03-09-09 10:59 PM
    I run vmware with windows xp to do all of my updating and backing up.
    03-10-09 12:36 AM
    Parallel desktop v4 (current) won't work in updating firmware. it reboots the device upon 'Connecting'
    03-10-09 02:08 AM
    Thanks for all the tips I might just load the software onto my work computer... Hopefully my 50 year old Dell won't freak out.
    03-10-09 05:29 PM
    Parallel desktop v4 (current) won't work in updating firmware. it reboots the device upon 'Connecting'
    I have been updating using parallels 4 and windows vista. Where are you getting stuck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD