INFO: I'm using a mac. I'm with Bell Mobility. I have a tour 9630 v 4.7.1.57

I've searched these forums and tried everything, but i still can't seem to get this to work!

So basically I sent in my tour for repairs in the summer, for my trackball, and they fixed it, but they sent it back to me with the v4.7.1.57 version. Therefore I can't update my bbm to the new version, or even the one I previously had. its the REALLY really old one.

I've tried to update it in the following ways and it hasn't worked:

1. i tried connecting to Desktop Manager for mac and looking for device updates. It says that there aren't any updates (which is A LIE because I had a newer software)

2. I tried using the Blackberry website to update

3. I tried random verizon links

4. I tried checking for software updates on a friends PC

NOTHING worked. Please help me!

I also read something about some vendor.xml file... um tried searching, doesnt exist on my comp.

sorry, don't get frustrated with me, i'm usually pretty good at techy stuff for a girl.

Thank you I appreciate it <3
    10-16-10 10:14 PM
    Bottom line for device OS updates and Macs: Don't do it. Find a friend with a PC they'll let you use for a whiile... go to: BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and let it do its magic.
    10-16-10 10:20 PM
    But I did that!
    I used two PCs, one said something about an error, and the other failed.
    10-16-10 10:28 PM
    But I did that!
    I used two PCs, one said something about an error, and the other failed.
    i would take it back in and tell them...by now they should have phones with the new os or they should do it for you
    10-17-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD