Can someone explain to me how i can update my Curve trough a Mac?? I just can't get it done...
    12-14-09 03:48 PM
    There was a post or maybe a thread about 3 months ago about how someone did it. It looked like such a complex procedure that i use my roommates pc.
    I am thinking that if you have a dual core you can run paralles and windows on the machine and use DM for windows. I have never tried it cuz i dont have a windows disk to install on my mac.
    12-14-09 03:55 PM
    You cannot update on a MAC without doing some virtual machine yada yada magic.

Update using a PC only, or a Windows VM in a MAC environment.

RIM releases OSs for Windows installations only.
    12-14-09 03:57 PM
    i'm a mac user and i ended up doing it on my work pc. it was worth avoiding the hassle.
    12-14-09 05:36 PM
    Thnx for the info
    12-26-09 06:12 AM
    I tried updating via windows 7 on parallels but it keeps hanging partway into the installation. Even though I have it set for the VM to have contol of the USB ports OSX still sees it first hanging the installation. I'm just going to use our desktop PC or my wifes netbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 06:55 AM
    Bootcamp. Plus BBDM for Windows is slower, but more reliable IMO. The Mac version seems to have this problem where verification fails on Application Loader.

Definitely Win needed on 5.0.
    12-27-09 01:46 PM

I'm not sure why you people are having trouble but I wish I could help. That said, RIM does NOT release OS's for Windows installations only. I just updated on my Mac a few days ago. Plugged the phone in, was given a popup message telling me an OS update was available, I installed it, and went on my merry way.
    12-29-09 08:40 AM

Not true, desktop manager has been out for mac's since October (official release) however, you can only update official carrier releases for your phone model, leaked os's or hybrid os's cannot be installed. when you plug your berry into DM, if an upgrade is available it will prompt you..
    12-29-09 09:57 AM
    Not true, desktop manager has been out for mac's since October (official release) however, you can only update official carrier releases for your phone model, leaked os's or hybrid os's cannot be installed. when you plug your berry into DM, if an upgrade is available it will prompt you..
    Not true...I installed hybrid... on an 8830:
    see here
    12-29-09 10:10 AM
    Bootcamp. Plus BBDM for Windows is slower, but more reliable IMO. The Mac version seems to have this problem where verification fails on Application Loader.

Definitely Win needed on 5.0.
    +1000. Bootcamp + Win XP Pro SP3 + BBDM 5.0.1 (b49) = upgrade bliss.
    12-29-09 10:15 AM
    I tried updating via windows 7 on parallels but it keeps hanging partway into the installation. Even though I have it set for the VM to have contol of the USB ports OSX still sees it first hanging the installation. I'm just going to use our desktop PC or my wifes netbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Parallels gave me that same issue when I tried upgrading on my Macbook. I switched to VMware Fusion and never had that issue.
    12-31-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD