Hey i am really trying to up date my blackberry with the latest O.S i keep downloading it to my mac book and it doesn't work can someone please help me i really want to up date my blackberry 9700
    04-04-10 10:21 PM
    You will have to use your PC if desktop manager doesn't recognize there is an update.
    04-04-10 10:24 PM
    I have the same problem with Mac. I opened the file after it was downloaded and it looks like a whole different language. Anyone know how to get around this?
    04-04-10 11:30 PM
    help us out
    04-05-10 10:27 PM
    Mine notified me of the update from my carrier but I don't think it will work as easily if you download the file from somewhere else. I did see a post here about it long ago but it's not in this thread but in the mac section.
    04-05-10 10:31 PM
    i used my friend's pc. we need to delete vendor file and can't do it with mac.
    04-05-10 10:41 PM
    There's a Mac forum on Crackberry so you may want to check over there for help.
    04-06-10 03:39 AM
    I have the same problem with Mac. I opened the file after it was downloaded and it looks like a whole different language. Anyone know how to get around this?
    If you have downloaded the OS you need to install it on a Windows systems, because the Mac OS will not be able to read the file and you need to delete the Vendor file. If you don't have a PC to use, you could install Boot Camp or Parallels on your Macbook. Other than that just wait for the Desktop for Mac to recognise an update is available.
    04-06-10 03:51 AM
    I use VMware on mine to update it works like a charm on my Imac but is hit and miss on my macbook pro.
    04-06-10 05:07 AM
    Haha, I told myself after switching to a Mac that I have no use for Windows no more. I was wrong because my love for bb convince me install parallel desktop along with windows 7. It actually works great and would highly recommend. Now I own the best of three world. LOL
    04-06-10 05:22 AM
    Blackberry desktop manager can only install official OS update for your device. Leaked OS are executable files which means you have to run it from Windows.
    04-06-10 05:27 AM
    Blackberry desktop manager can only install official OS update for your device. Leaked OS are executable files which means you have to run it from Windows.
    Almost true... OS versions, Official or BETA, unless they are from your own cell phone provider ARE ALL executable files.

I don't know enough about Mac to tell you how to use one to upgrade a Blackberry OS... for that you should go to the Mac Users Forum
    04-06-10 06:07 AM
    This probably isn't the answer you want. I bricked my phone when I tried to update. I am based in London so took my phone to carphone warehouse in Oxford Street (they've updated other noblackberry phones for me).
    This branch does on site repairs and will do the update usually over night. So far I have not been charged (and didn't buy the phone there ).
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 06:14 AM
    i'm on a Mac too, and the only times i ever touch a PC now is to upgrade a leaked OS onto my BB. i'm sure some people have figured out how to load a leaked OS from a Mac, but using a PC to load it seems easier at the moment :/
    04-06-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD