I'm using a BB 8900 and on an iMac and use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync it. When I connected my phone to sync it with my computer the Desktop Manager detected an update to my BB device and I figured it wasn't a beta software and the version update recommended was 4.6.1.310.

So it downloads the update while my phone is connected and then installs it and after my phone has restarted I am getting these error messages

uncaught exception:
    applicationregistry.wait For (oxbfca09040ffe99e5) timeout

uncaught exception:
    java.lang.nullpointerException

My phone is now stuck on this weird menu which on the header says Blackberry Platform 4.2.0.127
    and it has all options such as the applications installed, media files n other addtional stuff too.

I can't get out this Menu. None of the menu options listed open except a few like calculator n the "Options Menu".
    After moving into the Options Menu>About it does say that my phone software is updated to v4.6.1.310.

But I can't do anything else with my phone! The worst part is that my blackberry DM won't recognise my phone and so I can't try to even downgrade my phone or anything else.

Please Tell me what I can do? The reason I've posted this in the Blackberry 8900 section is because i have access to a Windows computer if desperately needed and if there is a solution through a Windows computer as well though preferably a mac
    11-11-09 01:23 PM
    This sounds more like a phone error than Desktop Manager. Try a battery pull first and then remove your 3rd party apps one at a time. These are what cause 99% of the errors you are seeing.

After this, try using Windows for DM.
    11-11-09 04:11 PM
    I've tried battery pull and wiping the handheld too. Any help on how I can delete all the apps now? Cause I am unable to use my phone normally... And there are no options to Delete the apps.
    11-11-09 10:01 PM
    Hi there!

I was searching the internet as I had the same problem on my BB 8900.

I am using a MacBook Pro and downloaded Blackberry Manager from the Blackberry RIM site for Mac.

I connected my BB to my MBP and it came up with updates, so I proceeded with this.

I ended up with the identical errors as you had. Could not get out of that Platform screen and all I could find was the calculator!

I read the response to ur message trying Blackberry Manager on a windows computer, so I fired up the old laptop and opened up Blackberry Desktop Manager. As I hadn't used it for a while, I had to wait over an hour for the download of the new updates to that.

Then I connected my BB to the laptop and it picked it up straight away and advised me that I needed updates, so again I proceeded with this.

Once done, my BB rebooted and hey presto, my BB is working again and all that was wiped was my SMS folder and the way I had my folders/home-screen set up! (thankfully!)

Seems to me that there must be some sort of error with Mac/BB as this simply cannot be a coincidence!! I love my BB but this does make me consider an iPhone as I use my BB for business and really could do with it syncing with my MacBook Pro...

Hope you managed to solve your BB. Just thought I'd let you know that you were not alone!

Take care

Ceri
    Last edited by Ceri Periam UK; 01-20-10 at 06:31 PM.
    01-20-10 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD