09-16-09 05:15 PM
28 12
tools
    +1 for dragging it to the trash. Lol
    09-16-09 04:57 AM
    use apps like CLEANAPP and it will be done in 5 seconds
    09-16-09 06:54 AM
    use apps like CLEANAPP and it will be done in 5 seconds
    why do so many of you guys keep chiming in about "dragging it to the trash" or using an app cleaner. You're kind of adding useless fluff to an important thread. It has clearly been stated there is a deep level problem with some of the devices; and at this point, it could be anything...even the difference between say the 8330 & the 8330m. I mean, I've tried everything logically I could think of in a very systematic way (except for the instance below).

Just to mention Crav...I also tried to sync to a Macbook that never had RIM's DT installed, and it won't sync there either. Only difference was I got an "error 3, skipping" instead of an "error 1" as I did on the MB Pro. It has to be a BB issue, and unfortunately last night I wiped the Bold and installed the new .297 software from At&t, and it STILL won't sync to Pocketmac. So I will be putting a request to RIM thru the Pocketmac support they have there. I've been in the engineering screen, and it shows a connection thru the USB when I connect, so there has to be some weird setting that got screwed up, way down deep if it didn't clear up after a wipe--unless I reloaded a database that had some setting in it, or it's in a service book. I may re-wipe this weekend when I have some time and see if I sync completely fresh, before anything is on the device, whether that makes a difference. I'll post what I find.
    JerseyDriver,
    I did a complete wipe as well, but unfortunately I DID NOT try syncing before I re-loaded all my apps and did a restore. I'm not going to do it again; I'd rather just wait for your reply on what happens with the tech request to RIM through PocketMac support.

I haven't tried deleting ALL my service books and resending...but that seems an unlikely fix. Service books are only there for apps/ background apps that make wireless data connections.
    Thanks for the keeping it up to date. This is quite a conundrum.
    09-16-09 05:15 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD