09-16-09 04:15 PM
28 12
tools
    Anyone have any luck uninstalling their copy of Desktop Manager for Mac?

I have tried the uninstaller that RIM included in the .dmg. It gives me an error message and tells me to restart. Restarting doesn't change a thing.

Also, I have noticed that a process, BBLaunchAgent.app is hanging around. Every time I try to force quit it, a new version pops up.

Please advise.

P.S. I am running Snow Leopard.
    09-08-09 08:15 PM
    The bb dtm is only for PCs. If you want Mac software you need to get PocketMac. RIM is still in beta testing for mac-compatible bb dtm.
    09-08-09 08:32 PM
    Yes, I know. Unfortunately, I had a beta version installed. How do I uninstall?
    09-08-09 08:47 PM
    The bb dtm is only for PCs. If you want Mac software you need to get PocketMac. RIM is still in beta testing for mac-compatible bb dtm.
    He has the beta for the Mac!! You shouldn't of taken the blue pill.
    09-08-09 08:49 PM
    I had the bb dm for mac beta installed. The uninstall worked fine for me. But I'm was only running Leopard at the time. Have you tried moving the program itself to the trash? Did you eject the disk image from the desktop?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:06 PM
    I had the bb dm for mac beta installed. The uninstall worked fine for me. But I'm was only running Leopard at the time. Have you tried moving the program itself to the trash? Did you eject the disk image from the desktop?

I moved the program to the trash and ejected the disk image. I am still unable to kill the BBLaunchAgent.app. Its parent process is launchd. Killing that crashes the Finder.
    09-08-09 09:18 PM
    Ok, I fixed it. Here's what worked:

Drag BB DM for Mac to the trash. Browse to Root Disk/Library/. Delete the Blackberry folder. Restart. Empty the trash.
    09-08-09 09:27 PM
    can you direct me to browse root disk/library to remove this...I have the same problem as you. thank you
    09-08-09 11:52 PM
    Hey all, just thought I'd throw this out there. Running 10.5.8 on a 2007 Intel MB Pro, had the "beta"version installed, had checked forums, seemed like it was ok so I gave it a shot. Posted in the other forum "tell us what you found" about the many problems I encountered while working to sync just calendars with my At&t Bold (official .167 software).

So tonight I gave up playing with it, decided to wait until the full version hit to use it. Un-installed BB DT with the RIM provided file, then tried to start using Pocket Mac again. *Expletive x20 Deleted* PM won't even see my BB now, just runs and gave me an "error 1, skipping" and the FAQs at their site have no dates and didn't provide much help. Un-installed PocketMac and re-installed, didn't work. Pulled my other Macbook out and tried with that. Got an "error 3, skipping" on that one, also won't see BB--doesn't show any PIN when device attached.

So something in the RIM DT must change a setting in the BB, not sure where to find it at this point, it's late, I'm going to charge the BB and go to bed with my now screwed up calendar, try again tomorrow. Anyone know what to delete/re-install in the service books or elsewhere to reset snyc ?
    09-08-09 11:59 PM

Drag BB DM for Mac to the trash. Browse to Root Disk/Library/. Delete the Blackberry folder. Restart. Empty the trash.
    Yeah, I tried this for my situation too, no dice.
    09-09-09 12:00 AM
    I suggest using AppZap - Its the best for uninstalling Mac Apps completely
    09-09-09 03:33 AM
    can you direct me to browse root disk/library to remove this...I have the same problem as you. thank you
    Your root disk is the HD on your desktop. Open that. Click on Library. Delete the Blackberry folder. Restart. Empty Trash.
    09-09-09 05:20 AM
    ^^^ this is the best idea
    09-09-09 09:44 AM
    Hey all, just thought I'd throw this out there. Running 10.5.8 on a 2007 Intel MB Pro, had the "beta"version installed, had checked forums, seemed like it was ok so I gave it a shot. Posted in the other forum "tell us what you found" about the many problems I encountered while working to sync just calendars with my At&t Bold (official .167 software).

So tonight I gave up playing with it, decided to wait until the full version hit to use it. Un-installed BB DT with the RIM provided file, then tried to start using Pocket Mac again. *Expletive x20 Deleted* PM won't even see my BB now, just runs and gave me an "error 1, skipping" and the FAQs at their site have no dates and didn't provide much help. Un-installed PocketMac and re-installed, didn't work. Pulled my other Macbook out and tried with that. Got an "error 3, skipping" on that one, also won't see BB--doesn't show any PIN when device attached.

So something in the RIM DT must change a setting in the BB, not sure where to find it at this point, it's late, I'm going to charge the BB and go to bed with my now screwed up calendar, try again tomorrow. Anyone know what to delete/re-install in the service books or elsewhere to reset snyc ?
    I had the same problem with the skipping... After I reinstalled pocket mac, and the driver update and did a battery pull the problem seems to have resolved.

On a related note... since my snow leopard upgrade I reinstalled the Mac DM beta and have been having success [after an initial episode of DM duplicating all my calendar entries]
    09-09-09 06:17 PM
    I had the same problem with the skipping... After I reinstalled pocket mac, and the driver update and did a battery pull the problem seems to have resolved.

On a related note... since my snow leopard upgrade I reinstalled the Mac DM beta and have been having success [after an initial episode of DM duplicating all my calendar entries]
    Thanks for the answer, I tried all of that last night. Uninstalled, re-installed 2xs and did battery pulls, but it accomplished nothing. And what tells me it's in the BB is I tried on another Mac which never had RIM DT on it. So Pocketmac on there should be normal. Since it won't see (show PIN) the BB, I assume it's some setting in the BB, and that is beyond my experience at this point. Will be hunting for answers tonight.
    09-09-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the answer, I tried all of that last night. Uninstalled, re-installed 2xs and did battery pulls, but it accomplished nothing. And what tells me it's in the BB is I tried on another Mac which never had RIM DT on it. So Pocketmac on there should be normal. Since it won't see (show PIN) the BB, I assume it's some setting in the BB, and that is beyond my experience at this point. Will be hunting for answers tonight.
    Sorry it didn't work for you... Good luck with it. I just noticed that I can no longer edit my phonebook entries after the SL / DM for Mac sync... fortunately there's already been a solution posted for that problem, but I won't be able to try until tomorrow. Left the **** micro USB cord at home.
    09-09-09 07:02 PM
    2nd this motion (for an uninstaller). I use AppCleaner as opposed to AppZapp (its free) and didn't have any of these probs.
    09-09-09 09:52 PM
    I used the uninstaller that came with the beta. It did the trick, and then I did a system search for any RIM or BlackBerry files that looked suspicious and trashed them.
    09-10-09 03:10 PM

Just to add to this, I ran the uninstall, seemed to be ok, but then today as I was looking for answers to my sync issues (can't use Pocketmac after un-install of BB DTM because it never sees the BB, just get skipping errors) I found while running the Console, I had thousands of errors like these running constantly:

9/11/09 6:34:14 PM com.apple.launchd[86] (com.rim.BBLaunchAgent[340]) posix_spawn("/Library/Application Support/BlackBerry/BBLaunchAgent.app", ...): No such file or directory

9/11/09 6:34:14 PM com.apple.launchd[86] (com.rim.BBLaunchAgent[340]) Exited with exit code: 1

9/11/09 6:34:14 PM com.apple.launchd[86] (com.rim.BBLaunchAgent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

9/11/09 6:34:19 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.rim.BBDaemon[341])

So you may want to run the console to see if you have the same issue. A search to find the issue came to the two files com.rim.___ listed above in the HD/Library/LaunchAgents and /LaunchDaemons files. Trashed them and restarted, seems to have worked.

Let me know if it helped anyone, or if anyone has seen an issue like mine where I can no longer sync with PM, thanks.
    09-11-09 10:21 PM
    There's appzap, I use AppCleaner, works beautifully at deleting all traces of the application you wish to delete.

09-11-09 11:54 PM
    There's appzap, I use AppCleaner, works beautifully at deleting all traces of the application you wish to delete.

+1 for AppCleaner! It's a great program...
    09-13-09 04:02 PM
    Just to add to this, I ran the uninstall, seemed to be ok, but then today as I was looking for answers to my sync issues (can't use Pocketmac after un-install of BB DTM because it never sees the BB, just get skipping errors) I found while running the Console, I had thousands of errors like these running constantly:

9/11/09 6:34:14 PM com.apple.launchd[86] (com.rim.BBLaunchAgent[340]) posix_spawn("/Library/Application Support/BlackBerry/BBLaunchAgent.app", ...): No such file or directory

9/11/09 6:34:14 PM com.apple.launchd[86] (com.rim.BBLaunchAgent[340]) Exited with exit code: 1

9/11/09 6:34:14 PM com.apple.launchd[86] (com.rim.BBLaunchAgent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

9/11/09 6:34:19 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.rim.BBDaemon[341])

So you may want to run the console to see if you have the same issue. A search to find the issue came to the two files com.rim.___ listed above in the HD/Library/LaunchAgents and /LaunchDaemons files. Trashed them and restarted, seems to have worked.

Let me know if it helped anyone, or if anyone has seen an issue like mine where I can no longer sync with PM, thanks.
    Been following this thread for a few days as I have the EXACT same problem. I have tried all steps previously mentioned by everyone on this thread multiple times and nothing works. I have searched my HD as extensively as I know how on a Mac for all things blackberry and pocketmac related to delete, and then reinstall. Nothing works; PM will not see my blackberry.

Some thoughts:
    - Running G4 PPC 10.5.8
    - Stupidly had Missing Sync & Pocket mac installed when I installed BDM for Mac; BDM ran successfully (with quirks) while the 2 were installed
    - BDM no longer works after the attempted PM install
    - no amount of battery pull, mac restart, install configuration has worked for me. I hooked up to a PC did a successful backup, then reconnected to Mac and nothing.
    - AppZapper did nothing for the problem, as great as it is.
    - only thing I haven't tried is searching for a "blackberrey to mac sync issue"

I believe this is one of those situations where trying 100 small changes through trial & error won't make a difference, there is a high level tech problem that needs to be addressed by a tech. Basically, I don't think there is a magic problem for this, I think there is a specific registry type issue that could only be addressed by someone at RIM or an end user with adequate knowledge.
    That being said...I'm still open to ideas

Maybe jberryg can tell us his exact method of installing PM that finally yielded results.
    09-15-09 08:58 AM
    Been following this thread for a few days as I have the EXACT same problem. I have tried all steps previously mentioned by everyone on this thread multiple times and nothing works. I have searched my HD as extensively as I know how on a Mac for all things blackberry and pocketmac related to delete, and then reinstall. Nothing works; PM will not see my blackberry.
    search and remove "rim".....
    09-15-09 02:22 PM

Some thoughts:
    - Running G4 PPC 10.5.8
    - Stupidly had Missing Sync & Pocket mac installed when I installed BDM for Mac; BDM ran successfully (with quirks) while the 2 were installed
    - BDM no longer works after the attempted PM install
    - no amount of battery pull, mac restart, install configuration has worked for me. I hooked up to a PC did a successful backup, then reconnected to Mac and nothing.
    - AppZapper did nothing for the problem, as great as it is.
    - only thing I haven't tried is searching for a "blackberrey to mac sync issue"

I believe this is one of those situations where trying 100 small changes through trial & error won't make a difference, there is a high level tech problem that needs to be addressed by a tech. Basically, I don't think there is a magic problem for this, I think there is a specific registry type issue that could only be addressed by someone at RIM or an end user with adequate knowledge.
    That being said...I'm still open to ideas

Maybe jberryg can tell us his exact method of installing PM that finally yielded results.
    Just to mention Crav, don't know if you saw my earlier post in this thread, I also tried to sync to a Macbook that never had RIM's DT installed, and it won't sync there either. Only difference was I got an "error 3, skipping" instead of an "error 1" as I did on the MB Pro. It has to be a BB issue, and unfortunately last night I wiped the Bold and installed the new .297 software from At&t, and it STILL won't sync to Pocketmac. So I will be putting a request to RIM thru the Pocketmac support they have there. I've been in the engineering screen, and it shows a connection thru the USB when I connect, so there has to be some weird setting that got screwed up, way down deep if it didn't clear up after a wipe--unless I reloaded a database that had some setting in it, or it's in a service book. I may re-wipe this weekend when I have some time and see if I sync completely fresh, before anything is on the device, whether that makes a difference. I'll post what I find.
    09-15-09 10:27 PM
    I don't have any problems on my 10.5.8 machine
    I wonder if this app will do an update when the release arrives???

09-16-09 12:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD