followed all the steps including deleting the Vendor.XML file, i'm using Parallels with windows xp pro sp2. trying to get my hands on a Windows PC, but can't at the moment... it hangs every time at this point...

anybody have any ideas?
    08-30-08 09:45 AM
    I really think that you need a Windows PC. I am sure that you already know this but having upgraded about 90 BlackBerrys so far it really is the only way.

I also suggest that you get CrackMem because it makes the whole upgrade process simpler.
    08-30-08 09:49 AM
    will crackmem work with desktop ver 4.6?
    08-30-08 10:07 AM
    will crackmem work with desktop ver 4.6?

Yes!
    I highly recommend using it.
    08-30-08 10:11 AM
    Try booting into Windows thru bootcamp. I used my MacBook and fusion, worked ok for me.
    Last edited by fireguy_ed; 08-31-08 at 09:17 PM.
    08-31-08 09:12 PM
    yea, i used my iMac and Fusion (parallels and bootcamp dont support XP x64 edition). but yea, i had the same JVM (or whaever it was) problem the first 20 or so times i attempted it...i just kept retrying it and retrying it and retrying it.....eventually it went through. dont be discouraged..i was ready to lose it! lol just keep at it, maybe the USB is a little loose? i read alot of posts about somethign to do with the battery being in or out when it occurs...dont listen to any of that...if you follow the directions like you are supposed to, just keep at it until it works.
    09-13-08 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD