Is it true that most of users of Blackberry actually are PC/Windows users? I prefer Windows to Mac?

In the store I've been told that if I use Apple hardware I will *not* like Blackberry, because it's not for Mac users... like exact the oppostie...
    09-29-09 05:15 PM
    hopefully october 2nd that will all change when blackberry desktop manager for mac comes out!!
    09-29-09 05:38 PM
    Is it true that most of users of Blackberry actually are PC/Windows users? I prefer Windows to Mac?

In the store I've been told that if I use Apple hardware I will *not* like Blackberry, because it's not for Mac users... like exact the oppostie...
    I use mac since 2007. I use blackberry.

Bold007
    09-29-09 05:38 PM
    I think people that quantify users into "mac" and "pc" groups are full of ****... Just my $0.02..
    09-29-09 05:41 PM
    In a word ........NO !

Not true. MAC since 2003 berry since 2007

Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 05:41 PM
    I'm a PC ........
    09-29-09 05:43 PM
    i have tons of friends that use macs instead of a pc... but they use my pc knowledge to get the answers that they need and the performance they expect from BB.

BBs work just as well on PC OR Mac!!!

(even know i still love my pc )
    09-29-09 05:44 PM
    They're both fruit.

09-29-09 06:16 PM
    Not true. I have a Mac and a Bold.
    09-29-09 06:20 PM
    3 Macs in the house...and 2 Bolds.

No PC's. Only windows load is the VMware install on my macbook.
    09-29-09 06:26 PM
    I'm a Mac and Curve 8320 user. I have the leaked 1.0v of Desktop Manager for Mac. I couldn't be happier

09-29-09 06:29 PM
    Mac and Bold.

Had the Mac since 2004, and been using Blackberry since the 8300 was released. Although I did take a brief hiatus and used an iPhone for 6 months. Worked great with the Mac, but it didn't compare to the BB in terms of functionality.
    09-29-09 07:19 PM
    Mac since 07 anb BB since late 08

People talk a lot of crap without knowing anything. Mostly if they are mac fanboys as some are just ridiculous (not all)

09-29-09 07:27 PM
    Does anyone know when the official release of desktop manager is suppose to be coming for macs?

09-29-09 07:29 PM
    I use Macbook and own a Bold.
    09-29-09 08:08 PM
    Me too. I just recently switched to a used mac. And can't be happier. My bold syncs just fine with the beta desktop software.

09-29-09 08:28 PM

I think I know what the store people were trying to say. I'll answer this three ways.

First, most BB users are Wintel users simply because most users *overall* are Wintel users.

Second, as others have alluded, there hasn't been a Mac version of the Desktop Manager up until a beta was recently released. This made it very difficult to sync a BB with a Mac client.

Finally, with Apple's release of the iPhone, I believe whatever chasm between Apple users and BB users will only widen.
    09-29-09 09:42 PM
    Been a Mac user for over a decade. It's the first and only brand my parents had at home for years. I personally have two Macs and a PC. Love BlackBerry, not a big fan of the iPhone. It has it's benefits but I find BlackBerry superior.

09-30-09 01:35 AM
    I'm an Apple Certified Mac Technician working on a Service Desk that gives tech support to the USGS. At work I run a MacBook Pro and do as much as possible in Snow Leopard, but a lot of our server software still requires me to run XP through Parallels.

I use OS X almost exclusively at home, with the exception of all my BlackBerry tools and a few music editing and media management apps I like better than stuff I've found for Mac. I have a dual boot setup and mostly only boot into Windows for playing with my BB, though I do have my weeks where I hang out in Windows. There's still nothing like CrackMem, CrackUtil, JL_Cmder, BBMCP, etc. on the Mac, and until very recently, there was no Desktop Manager for Mac. This, to me, is a MUCH bigger problem than syncing. Using GoogleSync on my BB and then syncing iCal and Address Book to Google as well, I have constant two-way sync between my Mac and my BB, and I don't have to run anything to keep it up-to-date. No wires, no monitoring, nothing. The far more glaring problem is that there has historically not been a way for Mac users to upgrade the OS on their BBs.

So even though I don't sync to a computer, I love to hack apart the OS and need good utilities for playing with the BB. Hopefully the release of DM for Mac means the java loader and all it's fun 3rd-party toys are on the way soon too, but I'll give it a while to catch up. I don't feel the need to eliminate one platform or the other from my life. I love/hate plenty of things about every OS I've ever used. I say go with whatever gets the job done.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 09-30-09 at 03:10 AM.
    09-30-09 03:07 AM
    Mac user since 2000, Blackberry user since 2002.
    09-30-09 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD