I won't go into the whole story, but have had major problems with syncing from bb to macbook since purchasing bb a little over a week ago.

First having trouble with the bb desktop software. So purchased PocketMac. Much more troubles.

Now I have uninstalled and gotten rid of any files that I know were associated with Pocket Mac.

When I try to reinstall bb desktop I get the following message:

"BlackBerry Software detected.

After installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, other software previously used to synchronize data with your Mac, such as PocketMac for BlackBerry devices or The Missing Sync, will no longer be able to connect to your device and will not work until BlackBerry Desktop Manager is uninstalled.""

Not sure what to do. I want PocketMac completely off of my computer. How do I do this?
    04-27-10 06:13 PM
    Why did you purchase PocketMac? It's free for BB users.
    You paid for support????
    Did you search for all files/folders with "pocketmac" in the contents???
    04-28-10 09:12 AM
    AppTrap brings up a screen when you delete something, asking if you want to delete all files associated with the deletion. It's free and gets put into your system preferences.
    05-01-10 05:13 PM
    Go download a trial app called AppZapper. It will remove the application and all files associated with it, including .PLIST files.
    05-07-10 08:51 AM
    Go to finder, type pocketmac, delete any folders/files that appear, and empty them from the trash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 10:38 PM
    Didn't know they started charging.
    This means that new BB users must pay for something that only half works.
    PocketMac doesn't always work and can screw up contacts unless you delete everything off your Mac after the first Sync.

MissingSync doesn't always work. It worked great on my Mac when I had a Treo or Samsung i760. Not with my storm.

I won't even go into DM because it won't see my address book for some reason.

I end up using Parallels with Windows to clear my BB. I then use PocketMac to push a new set of contacts. One way sync only.
    05-28-10 03:15 PM