alright well i did all the steps blondeboy had in his video, and i get to the connecting stage and it tries, but then it disconnects or fails to connect.

I have the BB Curve 8320 running OS v4.2.2.180
    05-13-08 07:33 PM
    alright well i did all the steps blondeboy had in his video, and i get to the connecting stage and it tries, but then it disconnects or fails to connect.

I have the BB Curve 8320 running OS v4.2.2.180
    Did you enter in the correct information (username, password, Dial up phone number) for tmobile? Have you called tmobile to see if your phone is provisioned to do tethering?
    05-14-08 08:32 PM
    there seems to be a bug in the 8320's.. i have been researching it online and no one seems to be able to get them to tether with macs via bluetooth.. they connect for about 2 mins then the BB stops sending data to the computer.. to fix it and connect again, you have to yank the battery but that still only gets you about 2 mins

If anyone has a 8320 tethered to a mac, please share how they did it.. I have been using VISTA via bootcamp to tether.. it is not fun at all :P

BTW t-mobiles tethering is free and is included on any internet plan $19.99 and up...

the user name is guest and the password is guest... the APM is wap.voicestream.com however, like i said, you can still only get about 2 mins of connectivity before bluetooth panics and stops sending the data to the mac
    05-18-08 04:34 AM
    BTW this site may help, however if you notice all 8320's that people post about in the comments are having the same problem

perishablepress.com/press/2007/06/12/blackberry-curve-as-bluetooth-modem-for-mac/
    05-18-08 04:46 AM
    Having that same problem with a 8330... gets to the "connecting" stage, but no farther..
    06-02-08 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD