I am having trouble syncing contacts on Mac w/ Bold 9700 via Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac. Anyone have suggestions?

My calendar and iTunes music sync just fine. But the contacts for some reason don't go from the computer to the BB, but vice versa is fine. Help!

03-12-10 08:14 PM
    i had the same issue. finally gave up and backed up my phone with my old phones data (i.e. i had an 8900 that i had backed up prior to getting the 9700) i just put everything on the new device that was on the old one. of course, if this is your first bb then...i wish you luck.
    03-16-10 08:05 PM
    I am having the same Issues.

In fact, when I first sync'd my bold with my Mac even the contacts were transferred to the Phone allright. Whereas, as soon as I synched again the trouble began. Contacts on the phone are a total mess now, I also had to set up permissions for a couple of apps again, my menu was messed up, Quicklaunch wanted the activation code again, stuff like that.

Couldn't find help anywhere. I really love my Bold 9700 (first Blackberry), but if I can't sync properly, than RIM just sold another iPhone
    Last edited by rupsk0; 03-17-10 at 10:52 AM.
    03-17-10 10:47 AM
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    03-17-10 03:35 PM
    I tried - by acting according to your advice - to make it work, but it didn't.

Long story short, I sold the 9700 and got me a 3gs. I personally am satisfied with the 3gs aswell, but everytime I use it I have to think of the exorbitant price for my neverlocked device

Wish RIM had done a better job with their Desktop Manager for Mac...
    03-26-10 02:42 PM