Hey Guys and Gals,

Quick question for you. I just recently purchased a Macbook. When I put my "Blackberry User Tools" cd in the Blackberry Tools opens up but when I double click on "blackberry user tool" nothing comes up.

I'm sure this is user error

Thanks
    11-10-08 08:41 AM
    No its not an error. Mac doesn't support the desktop manager that comes with your Blackberry. Try downloading Pocketmac. Its what 80% of Blackberry users who have Macs use and its free. Its not as useful as the desktop manager but it works well. RIM is working on a Mac software for Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 08:51 AM
    Thank you E Pow...Grabbing it now.
    11-10-08 08:56 AM
    please let me know if the pocketmac works for you. I was only able to sync my information once, and then, it never worked again.
    11-10-08 10:20 PM
    PocketMac sucks! I've had the same problem with syncing. It NEVER works. There is another program that can be purchased (I can't remember the name though) for Macs. I've never tried it though, but Im about to! It's unreal how society treats us Mac users. It's kind of like putting Vegetable Oil in the gas tank of a Bentley...Let's face it, the Mac is the Bentley of the computer world!
    11-10-08 10:26 PM
    Hey speaking of macs..

I just went to go buy a voice recorder to record lectures....

There were all these nice sony recorders that connect to ur comp usb style so u can save them to ur comp and put into itunes and crap...

but they weren't compatible with macs!!!

So i had to buy a 79.99 voice recorder for school bc it was the cheapest one that best buy had that was compatible with my mac!!

i love my  irregardless, and the voice recorder is sweet.
    11-10-08 11:09 PM
    If you have one of the new aluminum Macbooks Pocketmac will not work. I received an email from Pocketmac this evening acknowledging the problem. They are working on a fix, but it's not there yet.

You might want to try Missing Sync. It's not free, but a lot of Crackberry posters have had good success with it.
    11-11-08 12:19 AM
    So what are the alternatives for Mac users other than the Packetmac?
    11-11-08 05:26 AM
    So what are the alternatives for Mac users other than the Packetmac?
    PocketMac (not very highly sought)
    Missing Sync (much better then Pocketmac but still has its qwerks)

RIM is currently working on software compatible for the mac that is suppose to debut itself in the first quarter of 2009
    11-11-08 09:15 AM
    I have the new aluminum Macbook and have had no problems syncing iCal and address book.
    11-11-08 09:43 AM
    I have an old Powerbook. Pocketmac never worked for. Missing Synch seems to do the trick pretty well.

It will not allow updating the OS or adding/removing applications. For that, I have to dig out the Dell.

If you add Windows to your Macbook and use Boot Camp to boot to Windows, DM4.6 should work fine for updates and apps.
    11-11-08 10:05 AM
    MS has acknowledged that they are having problems with the new Mac's and they are working on a solution. It is amazing to me that PM and MS lag so far behind when a change takes place. Kind of makes you wonder if they really care about Mac users or are just taking advantage of us and the market place.

https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=315
    11-11-08 07:26 PM
    I finally broke down and got Parallels for my Mac. I can now run Windows inside of OS X. It is nice.

11-17-08 10:01 AM
    I finally broke down and got Parallels for my Mac. I can now run Windows inside of OS X. It is nice.

Does the Blackberry Desktop Manager work on Parallels? I have Parallels 4 running XP.
    11-17-08 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD