I downloaded one of the free themes that eveek.com had and now the files are on my computer but I can't figure out how to transfer them to my blackberry. I'm using a MacBook Pro and nothing really happens when I insert the disc that came with my bb. Please help.
    05-20-08 10:23 AM
    Do you have pocketmac installed? You have to install pocketmac, then connect your BB via the usb cable. When the BB shows up as "available" in pocketmac's main window - click "utilities" it's in the menu bar, then "install application to device" and you will have to find the file on your mac, and it should work. I have installed a few themes this way!
    05-20-08 10:37 AM
    I tried that but nothing happens on my bb. No message comes up or anything and I look in the theme section and I get nothing.
    05-20-08 11:24 AM
    hmm idk then it works for me! sorry have to wait for someone more advanced to answer you
    05-20-08 11:49 AM
    Thanks for trying to help shortstop. I finally got it working. All I did was do what you told me but it didn't work until like the 5th time i tried. Go figure.
    05-21-08 07:09 PM
    Welcome, i'm glad you figured it out. It took me a few times to get it right too
    05-21-08 07:11 PM
    So, I'm trying to upload a ringtone I downloaded from Crackberry, but when I go to PocketMac utilities, I click install saftware, but the ringtone which is on the desktop isn't highlighted and can't be selected to install. Thoughts?
    07-07-08 11:49 AM
    You would need The Missing Sync to trasfer the ringtone...

PC users need MediaManager

(Side Note : If you have a microSD card installed, turn on Mass Storage mode and you can just drag and drop the file to the ringtones folder )
    07-07-08 11:56 AM
    Not working for me...any troubleshooting ideas?
    07-22-08 02:00 AM
    Not working for me...any troubleshooting ideas?

Bit more info maybe required, what is not working for you?? reading through the posts in this thread do you mean you cant get a ringtone or a theme onto your BB??
    07-22-08 02:21 AM
    Sorry I knew I should have been more specific. I have a theme downloaded on my desktop. I plug my BB in, open up PocketMac, click Utilities>Install Software to device, select the theme, and nothing happens. I go to the themes menu, and theres nothing new there.
    07-22-08 01:50 PM
    My setup does not have a utilites button.. i have pocket mac 4.1.25 my BB is connected as i can sync... but no utilities to allow me to install apps/themes.
    11-14-08 04:56 PM
    I have utilities but when i go to select the file its not high lighted is something going on wrong?
    01-09-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD