I recently switched over to Mac from a PC and although I love the features of Mac so far, I'm struggling to sync media files from my Mac to my blackberry 8830.

I was able to use Pocketmac and transfer all the info on my address book but I'm having trouble transferring media files (songs, pictures, ringtones, etc) onto my blackberry 8830 using this program. I tried syncing it with bluetooth and that doesnt work either. (It'll start transferring the files and get interrupted in between). I know I can use "missing sync" but I don't want to pay $40 until I've tested it out or know for sure that this'll allow me to transfer media files. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to do this without paying another $40 for a program?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    08-01-07 01:18 AM
    Welcome to Mac.

I have a Curve and as long as you have Mass Media Storage set to ON you can just plug the USB from BB to Mac and then Drag & Drop. Of course this only works for stuff onto a Mem Card but it does work. I do it all the time.
    08-01-07 02:25 AM
    tmag2005,

COuld you be more specific cuz i am having the same problem. how do you set the mass media storage to on. would you mind giving detailed instructions. also, do you have a mac?
    08-04-07 12:11 PM
    tmag2005,

Could you be more specific cuz i am having the same problem. how do you set the mass media storage to on. would you mind giving detailed instructions. also, do you have a mac?
    To start, I have a MacBook Pro, and when using a mac to upload media to your blackberry: (unless you have 3rd party apps for loading)

1. you MUST have a memory card.

a) the memory card must be formatted by your blackberry before you try to load anything on it, or your bb most likely won't recognize it (When you plug the card into your bb, it usually does this for you.)

2. Your blackberry media card settings Must be set to mass storage so that the card will show up in your finder. There are two ways to do this:

a) When you first plug in your bb(with a card in it) to your computer, you will be prompted to allow mass storage on your bb memory card; Select Yes.
    or
    b) On your bb, go into Options> Media Card, and set 'Mass Storage Mode Support' to On, and set 'Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected' to On

Once Mass Storage is enabled, the formatted Memory Card should show up in your Finder as either a memory-card or hard-drive icon.
    You can locate this in your Finder, in the top-left, under your Mac HD hard drive, your network, etc...

3. To put media on your bb, you need only to drag and drop your media into the the memory card in your finder, and put the media into the respective folders: music, etc... (formatted by your blackberry)

Hope this helps!
    10-20-07 02:05 PM
    You all seem so knowledgeable and I need help. Verizon is sending me a new 8830 WE because mine is a lemon, but more importantly I want to sync my info onto my mac. I am clueless I have pocketmac but it seems like the when I click to sync it's not happening...I need to save this info before m new phone get here in 2 days....HELP !!!!
    11-29-07 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD