Hello all,
    I am new to the bb8830 with verizon and I have a mac computer. I want to download some of my pictures and songs to the bb8830. I have the Pocket Mac but there isn't a way to do this. I heard you can do it with the desktop manager but its not with the mac. Suggestions please???!!!
    09-25-07 09:44 AM
    I'm going to assume you have a MicroSD card installed in your BB, otherwise you will not want to put pics/audio on your device as your memory will be used up, and the system can get picky sometimes and use up memory for certain functions in the background without you knowing it. But I digress....

Assuming you have the card, you can transfer files over onto the media card using Finder without a problem. If you want to sync your media without manually adding/managing, then MissingSync is what you need. If you have access to a PC, then you can use Desktop Manager and load media onto your BB through that, and there are no complications, as long as you just use it for media and not syncing your device. Hope this helps.
    09-26-07 11:10 AM
    Thanks for your help. I will try it!!!
    10-13-07 06:18 PM
    I'm going to assume you have a MicroSD card installed in your BB, otherwise you will not want to put pics/audio on your device as your memory will be used up, and the system can get picky sometimes and use up memory for certain functions in the background without you knowing it. But I digress....

Assuming you have the card, you can transfer files over onto the media card using Finder without a problem. If you want to sync your media without manually adding/managing, then MissingSync is what you need. If you have access to a PC, then you can use Desktop Manager and load media onto your BB through that, and there are no complications, as long as you just use it for media and not syncing your device. Hope this helps.
    Hi, I seem to be having the same problem with my BB 8830. I am a mac user and I can't figure out how to transfer media files to my 8830. I don't have an SD card yet..(getting it tomorrow). Will that be the answer to my problem? How would I be able to transfer the media withthe use of the SD card? By plugging in the USB cable once the SD card is in? Will my mac then recognize the BB 8830 media app? What about through bluetooth? I can't figure out how to transfer the files through bluetooth. It says it can't read it.
    Also, you mentioned the missing sync... Is that a good program to have or is it just going to be an extra waste of money?
    What is your reccommendation???
    Please help me! This is my first BB.
    01-17-08 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD