I've got an 8330 and I'm trying to transfer a video I took from my phone to my macbook via bluetooth but the computer and the phone aren't talking. I have bluetooth enabled on both and they will not recognize each other. can anyone help?
    11-03-09 08:54 PM
    unfortunately BB and Mac don't do BT....not compatible. You will need to use USB...
    11-03-09 10:04 PM
    well that explains a lot...any other way to transfer video from the phone to the mac?
    11-03-09 10:05 PM
    well I said connect via USB...the media card will show up just like a jmp drive...from there you just drag and drop....
    11-03-09 10:09 PM
    well I said connect via USB...the media card will show up just like a jmp drive...from there you just drag and drop....
    missed that part, sorry about that. I'll give that a go, thanks for the help
    11-03-09 10:13 PM
    I have 5.0 on my BB8330. If I click on the BB button it gives me on option to send Bluetooth. Have my MacBook Pro paired to my BB and sent a video to my Mac, it is not the fastest but does work.
    11-04-09 08:39 AM
    I stand corrected...It is DMFM and BB devices that are not BT compatible....in any case I did have my BB paired with my mac (on your Mac System Preferences>Bluetooth>Add Device) (on your device >Options>Bluetooth >menu >Add Device). When I click on Transfer Address..., it does connect and say it is going to transfer the Address Book (Entourage format...Go figure). But I do not know how to transfer some selected file to the Mac. I do see an option for receiving via BT. Perhaps islandreamer can describe the steps to do this...(I still think usb will be much faster though)
    11-04-09 11:29 AM
    Media>Video Highlight file you want to send push the BlackBerry button select Send Using Bluetooth. A box will come up asking you to select a device (assume this shows when you have more then one device paired). You will have to accept on the other end and then it will transfer. Mine shows about 22K on speed. USB will be quicker but not as Kool!
    11-04-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD