My Tour charges just fine on my old PC (which is ready for retirement ) but it just doesn't charge when connected to my new Macbook.

Strange also that it does show the connected "lightning bolt" through the battery level as if it is charging, but never actually does.

My wife's iPhone charges just fine on the Macbook, so those USB ports are fine and do have power.

Perhaps I should ask - can you actually charge a BB on a MAC?

I have the beta of Blackberry Desktop Mgr installed on the Macbook and even tried having it open with the BB connected... it syncs fine but still no charging of the BB battery?

Anyone have this working ???

/BD
    09-05-09 08:15 PM
    it charges on my macbook pro fine and i don't have desktop manager. It does take a while for that little battery gauge to move even though there's that lightning symbol, but once it starts, the battery symbol should fill up quicker.

obviously if it's been hours and the battery gauge doesn't move, then there's a problem.=D
    09-05-09 08:21 PM
    it charges on my macbook pro fine and i don't have desktop manager. It does take a while for that little battery gauge to move even though there's that lightning symbol, but once it starts, the battery symbol should fill up quicker.

obviously if it's been hours and the battery gauge doesn't move, then there's a problem.=D
    Thanks for your suggestion to wait... I think I have solved this!

Saw in a different thread that in Options/Memory/Media Transfer Protocol should be set to "Off". Once I made that change, the battery gauge charged (and moved) pretty quickly.

Interesting that this setting did "NOT" stop the PC from charging my Tour...oh well; it is working now

/BD
    09-05-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD