Hey Everyone!

I tried loading the 5.0 OS on to my Blackberry Tour. It bricked my phone. I've tried the Blackberry Unbricking Thread for Mac and when I do it, and its loading the software on to the phone it never looks like it completes (progress bar). At one point I thought it did and I still got Error 200.

Im freaking out because I don't know what to do and I don't know how to fix this. It voids the warranty and I can't afford a full retail price one of these.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.
    10-15-09 02:04 AM
    make sure you are taking the battery out when attempting to re-load the OS. When DM says "waiting for device to initialize" then you put the battery back in.
    10-15-09 02:08 AM
    When will DM say waiting for device to initialize?
    10-15-09 02:10 AM
    Just tried it again and I still get Error 200.

What Ive been doing is removing the battery, plugging it in, and it starts the downloading files process then moves on to Loading the OS. When I continue this process with loading the OS it still only goes about 75% of the way. Should I try to keep doing the battery pulls (Ive been doing this) or should I be putting the battery back in?
    10-15-09 02:13 AM
    Just tried it again and I still get Error 200.

What Ive been doing is removing the battery, plugging it in, and it starts the downloading files process then moves on to Loading the OS. When I continue this process with loading the OS it still only goes about 75% of the way. Should I try to keep doing the battery pulls (Ive been doing this) or should I be putting the battery back in?
    start from scratch.

1. unplug the phone from the computer
    2. quit DM for mac
    3. remove the battery
    4. plug phone into computer
    5. let it sit for a few minutes until DM prompts you to install the OS
    6. it will begin the installation
    7. after its loaded the OS it will say waiting on device to initialize
    8. put the battery in
    10-15-09 02:25 AM
    is the OS loaded even if the progress bar does not complete?
    10-15-09 02:28 AM
    is the OS loaded even if the progress bar does not complete?
    yes because the progress bar includes waiting for the device to re-load and all of that stuff.
    10-15-09 02:32 AM
    Still Error 200! I let the OS Start Loading and then when it stopped it said "Waiting for Device to Start" and I plugged in the battery. Error 200 Came up?

Any ideas, Im freaking out.
    10-15-09 02:40 AM
    Still Error 200! I let the OS Start Loading and then when it stopped it said "Waiting for Device to Start" and I plugged in the battery. Error 200 Came up?

Any ideas, Im freaking out.
    Try this time doing it from scratch with the battery in. sometimes that gets it to finish. it will sit there with the app error for a minute before it starts loading
    10-15-09 02:48 AM
    When I do this, it turns on, gets to the white screen and then says error 200. Even though I hit download the update the progress bar goes no where as the Tour goes to white screen
    10-15-09 02:57 AM
    When I do this, it turns on, gets to the white screen and then says error 200. Even though I hit download the update the progress bar goes no where as the Tour goes to white screen
    after it sits it should let you try loading it. if this doesnt work just go to Verizon. When mine was showing an app error they were actually about to give me a new one lol
    10-15-09 03:01 AM
    I've had it since July, do you think they would give me a new one? Doesnt this void the warranty?
    10-15-09 03:04 AM
    And should I leave the progress bar up while it goes back to the Error 200 menu? It went do you want to update, started the progress bar, progress bar never went up, went back to error 200 screen once it reset, but the progress bar is still up? Should I cancel that current progress bar?
    10-15-09 03:06 AM
    And should I leave the progress bar up while it goes back to the Error 200 menu? It went do you want to update, started the progress bar, progress bar never went up, went back to error 200 screen once it reset, but the progress bar is still up? Should I cancel that current progress bar?
    hmm. you could try letting it sit. also i have had my tour since July as well.
    10-15-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD