I seem to have lost password keeper, memo pad and tasks, and maps too. how do I get them back. I tried the app loader and nothing. I also tried a backup restore.
    03-30-10 03:51 PM
    I just installed 5.0 a few hours ago from my mac and I'm having the exact same problem, same missing applications.

I attempted to redownload the maps OTA, but that also didn't work... which makes me wonder if this isn't a mac issue?

Someone in another forum seemed to think it might be something with the Mac DM and to try using a PC.

If anyone has any suggestions about this I would also be interested!!
    03-30-10 04:23 PM
    Missing Password Keeper as well. Called VZW CC and they told me to enable a password on the device and PK should appear. Enabled the password, batt pul but still no PK icon.

I've looked in every folder, checked "show all" but still have no PK and I use it daily.

Wipe device and reload?
    03-30-10 05:24 PM
    Here's what I did to fix the problem, which is a pain in the rear-

Back up, wipe device (everything), reload OS, restore data, went to the applications tab and selected Password Keeper to install.

Took a bit of time but it's working now. Interesting thing is that as I typed this I retraced my steps and now the option to ADD Password Keeper, Memos, etc., isn't there...only to remove. Is this a one time only deal?
    Last edited by Heckler; 03-31-10 at 09:47 AM. Reason: wording
    03-31-10 01:57 AM
    hmm that seems weird. do you use the mac desktop manager? when i wiped and installed my os there were no applications in my tab to deal with. im considering trying again though, possibly even from a pc just to see if there's a difference.
    03-31-10 09:59 AM
    I'm having the same problem to as well. I'm seeing what happens if i delete the OS from my computer.

So far all i have done is delete all OS's from my computer and have begun downgrading back to .40
    04-01-10 12:03 AM
    hmm that seems weird. do you use the mac desktop manager? when i wiped and installed my os there were no applications in my tab to deal with. im considering trying again though, possibly even from a pc just to see if there's a difference.
    Running a MacBook Pro with OS10.6.2. DTM for Mac 1.0.2 (build 8).

Not sure why it worked the way it did but that's how I got it back. As I mentioned, the option to add core OS apps is no longer there when I look. Might just be that after a fresh install you get one shot to add those back?

Good luck
    04-01-10 09:50 AM
    Running a MacBook Pro with OS10.6.2. DTM for Mac 1.0.2 (build 8).

Not sure why it worked the way it did but that's how I got it back. As I mentioned, the option to add core OS apps is no longer there when I look. Might just be that after a fresh install you get one shot to add those back?
    very interesting. glad you got yours back! maybe i missed my one shot, haha. i think i will give it another try tonight on my own computer, then if that's no good i'll attempt it on my roommates pc. i guess if nothing works, at least they are applications that i can "live" without even though i liked them and used them regularly and... oh well haha.

i'll post my results!
    04-01-10 10:58 AM
    well, i attempted to reinstall 5.0 on my own mac this afternoon.... and subsequently ended up spending the rest of my afternoon in the verizon store. i received a 507 "reload software" error, and then my computer would no long recognize that the phone was connected... sweet!

so after messing with that for a while and hoping for a miracle, i gave up and went to the verizon store. they gave me a different phone, and before i left i noticed that it had os 4.7 on it. so, feeling as though i didnt want to look back on these last 2 days as a huge waste, i asked them to install os 5.0 for me there at the store.

an hour later, i now have 5.0 on a different tour - finally with all of the applications that it was supposed to come with! haha. maps, memopad, tasks, password keeper, and many others are all there now. even the 4.7 games are here, which i thought were simply gone on 5.0. so that's kinda cool. i just reloaded all of my previous settings from mac, which worked perfectly so now everything is back to normal for me.

hope i don't scare any of you, but that was my experience!
    04-01-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD