I'm curious to find out if Blackberry will fully support Mac one day, including the ability to upgrade firmware from Mac OS X without having to use Boot Camp. Yes, I know, if I want total mac support, get an iphone, but I like my Blackberries...just hate it in that there is no full Mac support. I switched to Mac cause Vista had soooooo many problems...I don't know where to begin....I just don't want to have to install Vista if I don't need to.

Does anybody know when or if I can upgrade Blackberry software on Mac OS without Bootcamp or Virtual Emulation?

Any alternatives if I don't want to use Vista? Can I upgrade software from an SD card for example?

Thanks.
    04-01-09 08:02 AM
    No alternatives to upgrade OS I'm afraid windows only. I am a mac user but decided to bite the bullet and install boot camp Vista, since then I have been upgrading OS no problems. I had mixed results with virtual windows. As you say mac user = iphone pretty simple but I love my berries also, so as I say I bit the bullet and installed vista. As for a MAC desktop manager RIM say sometime in 2009, but apparently they have been saying this for a while now i.e.2007 then 2008 etc etc. They have released a BETA media sync mac client which shows me they are working on mac software. Also you may get more help replies on this if you posted it in the MAC forum.

Hope this helps!!
    04-01-09 08:36 AM
    Your pretty much stuck. The only three options are install XP/Vista on bootcamp, use a virtualzation program such as VMWare Fusion (which is what I use) or Parallels and then install an OS or third use a friends/work computer with a windows based OS. There are no other options yet until RIM comes through with an OSX based DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:46 AM
    I just can't see why RIM can't see why Windows Vista sucks balls...Not to heat up an argument, but XP was cool, but Vista...and once a Vista user, can't go back. Arrggghhh...bite the bullet I shall...and continue to use products with the CEO that screams around on stage like a Monkey...AKA Steve Ballmer.
    04-02-09 09:10 AM
    Your pretty much stuck. The only three options are install XP/Vista on bootcamp, use a virtualzation program such as VMWare Fusion (which is what I use) or Parallels and then install an OS or third use a friends/work computer with a windows based OS. There are no other options yet until RIM comes through with an OSX based DM.

Which seems like that is never going to happen!
    UGH!
    04-02-09 09:16 AM
    Which seems like that is never going to happen!
    UGH!
    Yeah but when it does... Oh what a glorious day that will be. I can ditch Windoze all together. Now only if we could get RIM to build a DM for Ubuntu. Lol

04-02-09 10:20 AM
    I'm thinking about dual booting my mac (using Bootcamp) but I really can't be bothered spending around 50/60 on a copy of XP...
    Instead I recommend everyone uses their friends computers running Windows
    They may have the advantage when it comes to Blackberry, but everything else...
    04-02-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD