Hello Torch+Mac owners-

Wanting to know what/how your experiences have been with this pairing. I've an Alltel Tour and am familiar with the usual DMFM sync hiccups/quirks. Just curious if anything stands out.

The Alltel market I'm in is about to be changed over to ATT. So soon I'll have to order a new phone. The 9700 is a great phone, but I'm wanting to try something different from the classic BB form factor.

I've played with the torch a couple of times and find the form factor growing on me, despite some of the middling reviews. It's a little heavier than I'd care for, but it seems well balanced. The keyboard is a little narrow, but not a dealbreaker for my average sized mitts.

Any input is appreciated!
    10-06-10 11:45 AM
    Received Torch last night. Just to make sure, backed up everything on the 9700 on a PC, switched devices and running fine now.
    Back in office on Monday, so will backup Torch and then try to connect/sync etc with Mac.
    Won't do it this weekend...lost too much stuff the last time!!
    Will keep you updated.
    Dominic
    10-15-10 09:49 PM
    will look forward to it. Thanks.
    10-16-10 03:46 PM
    hi guys,

i'd be interested to hear your experiences. Im soon to take the plunge from 8900 and order a 9800 from o2 UK.

hows typing? both keyboard and touchpad?
    any problems syncing with DM Mac?

cheerz
    10-21-10 03:59 PM
    Haven't had any problems with my Rogers 9800 and my MBP. Wish they would release the official version of DM2 for MAC I missed out on the Beta. Otherwise works good.

Torch is a great device, still needs a few touchups but the pre-release gripes peope had are wrong. Plus a lot of the concerns in the US were software related and since here in Canada we got released with an updated software it solved that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 11:52 AM
    Haven't had any problems with my Rogers 9800 and my MBP. Wish they would release the official version of DM2 for MAC I missed out on the Beta. Otherwise works good.

Torch is a great device, still needs a few touchups but the pre-release gripes peope had are wrong. Plus a lot of the concerns in the US were software related and since here in Canada we got released with an updated software it solved that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the feedback!
    11-03-10 10:13 AM
    Torch sync's just fine with current BBDM1.0.1 and with Beta 2.0 Music and Photos sync quite well. check my blog seriousmobile got some screenshots there.

Mail has my information - PIM.
    Outlook 2011 Beta will only sync with contacts ... KB19148-How to synchronize organizer data in Microsoft Office for Mac between the BlackBerry smartphone and a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software
    yet I haven't enabled this on my Mac's just yet.

PS if you're using Mail to handle your PIM ... do youself a favor and upgrade to Office 2011 you'll be VERY glad you did. Its very much like Office 2010 for PC yet with the Mac user in mind.
    11-06-10 10:12 PM
    11-07-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD