09-21-09 04:34 AM
110 ... 345
tools
    After following the advice at the start of the thread, I went a step further, and cancelled the old iCal calendar and let pocketmac transfer all the data from my curve 8310 to the new iCal. It now only shows home and pocketmac. I also deleted birthdays from address book, which I reckon was causing all the grief before.

It seems to work ok now for two syncs, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The birthdays have alarms now in iCal which for some reason apple doesn't have with this program.

It's a compromise, but it works for me.
    06-10-09 06:19 PM
    Well i have a solution via Blackberry Tech Support.

Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

after that you should see it say Blackberry and list the devices pin

Apparently what the flaw is, is that the program doesnt actually update the drivers for some reason so you have to go into the folders and delete the old ones before installing the new ones.

Hope this helps
    Thank you for the above - it worked 100%. My PocketMac + Bold suddenly produced OID value errors!! Quick Crackberry search gave the above solution. No more error message - brilliant stuff - could not find anything like it on on Blackberry's support site. Thank you again
    06-16-09 11:03 AM
    I recently experienced this problem I had to wipe my device and start over. If you look closely at your phone you'll probably have duplicate contacts for contacts you're trying to change.

I spent hours on the phone with tech support, they say they've never heard of the problem. Throw in the Mac addition and they were clueless.

Address updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed.
    06-16-09 01:09 PM
    UGH!!! I'm about a week into my new Curve. I successfully synced my contacts from my BB to my mac. I then manually transfered my calendar from my Windows Mobil Based phone (Samsung ixxx - don't remember the numbers). My BB is exactly the way I want it. BUT I can't sync my calendar with my iCal.

When I try syncing both calendar and contacts I get about 95% done and then it just stops at Blackberry - Synchronizing Data.

When I try syncing just the I get about 50% done and then it just stops at Blackberry - Synchronizing Data.

Both times I let it go for roughly an hour and had to cancel because the status bar didn't move at all. Here's the message:

"[09:44:50.657] Synchronization cancelled. Some data may not have been synchronized."

I have followed the directions stated earlier in this post....nothing works.

HELP!!!

Thanks you
    Brian
    06-26-09 09:46 PM
    I cannot get Pocket Sync to respond. I've been trying this for two days.

Any help would be appreciated.
    06-26-09 10:12 PM
    whats funny is i had to come back to this thread for my storm.

Glad this has helped so many of you guys
    07-11-09 06:59 PM
    Wondering if "detectme" solution would also help me sync my world edition with my mac. Always stops at Entourage. Help anyone?
    08-18-09 03:30 PM
    I hope that you all know that a reliable, proven solution is less than 30 days. Desktop Manager for Mac.

I've got scars from pulling my hair out (like you) using (or trying to use) Pocket Mac and Pocket Sync.

Sadly, I believe that both companies will be in bankruptcy by the end of the year as their failure of quality product and customer service comes back to haunt them.
    08-18-09 09:55 PM
    Well i have a solution via Blackberry Tech Support.

Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

after that you should see it say Blackberry and list the devices pin

Apparently what the flaw is, is that the program doesnt actually update the drivers for some reason so you have to go into the folders and delete the old ones before installing the new ones.

Hope this helps
    I did this & now, I have 3 duplicates of all of my contacts & I'm still getting the following error message (your thoughts are much appreciated):

[01:01:09.316] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:12.027] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:12.844] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:15.555] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/AddressBook/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:16.522] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:25.608] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:26.397] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:35.587] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:36.423] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:46.163] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:47.025] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:56.757] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:57.623] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageNotes/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [01:01:57.680] Error backing up file /Users/lmarett/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageNotes/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    08-26-09 04:06 PM
    tried all suggestions and i got this:
    [04:26:25.746] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.
    i give up. i don't know whether it's mac wanting people to only use their bloody iphone, or blackberry not wanting to coexist with Mac... either way i'm not switching to a PC! i'd rather upload everything manually to my blackberry than have to deal with viruses. good luck everyone else. if anything new comes up please let me know.

thanx!
    09-21-09 04:34 AM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD