09-21-09 03:34 AM
110 ... 2345
    I got my BB to snych with iMac after updating some Mac programs. BUT, my music/photos didn't synch. One message was that the media card wasn't mounted. Turned it off/on -- and still no data loading. Verizon W doesn't have a clue what to do, even though they've tried to be helpful. They don't have experience with Macs.

Any suggestions? Thanks
    01-29-09 09:04 AM
    After going thru this whole process this is all I get..[08:23:43.730] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping
    I've uninstalled/installed everything as per the first post.. I've checked/unchecked certain things to sync to try to get something to work but nothing works.
    If I'm missing something lemme know.. I went thru the first 3 pages of this thread but don't see anything.
    8310 4.5
    01-30-09 07:24 PM
    I'm currently use bold and pocket mac to sync. How come I get multiple contact lists after I sync it???

Does anyone could help me with this............
    02-03-09 09:41 PM
    New error:
    02:23:54.093] An unexpected error has occurred: *** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil
    An unexpected error has occurred: *** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil

I was able to sync my 8330 to the iMac (only calendars). This is what comes up when I try to do the contacts.

Any ideas out there???
    02-05-09 01:40 AM
    BTW, I tried to sync some itunes music just to check it that was working, and it did without a problem and quite fast, too. Contacts still won't sync. Need e-mail addresses on my phone. Please help.
    02-05-09 02:04 AM
    I am getting the following error message
    "[12:42:40.615] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 3); skipping."
    02-08-09 11:45 PM
    I have done everything mentioned here and i still get the following message!

[07:09:01.147] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 4); skipping.
    02-10-09 07:12 PM
    I've been trying everything and cannot get it to see the media card. The blackberry (8830) has a 2GB card and its saving pics and vids taken with the phone no problem.

I have no problem syncing contacts, ical, stickies, etc, but the PocketMac shows that no media card is inserted on the iPhoto & iTunes sync.

I took the media card out and plugged it into the adapter and into a multi-card reader and the Mac (OSX 10.5.6) mounted the card with no problem. The directory structure was all there.

I could then copy .mp3s and photos to the card.

When I reinserted the card into the phone and restarted the phone, I could then see the songs and pics with the media browser as it should.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna do this anytime I want throw a couple of new songs on there though.

I own Missing Sync for Windows Mobile, but really don't want to pay another $40 just because I switched phones. Missing Sync had a habit of duplicating my contacts also.

Any ideas?

02-15-09 01:11 PM
    I've also tried everything that's listed before this and the Blackberry doesn't even show up with its PIN when I connect it and when I press sync all I get it the message: [07:09:01.147] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 4); skipping. I've tried everything! PLEASE HELP!!
    02-17-09 07:41 PM
    Does anyone have any ideas I'm looking for anything here
    02-19-09 08:44 PM
    I am having the same problem, did you find out how to solve it?
    02-23-09 02:38 AM
    I followed these steps but when i sync, it gets stuck at about 95%, on syncing data. How can I solve this?
    02-23-09 02:40 AM
    mine just gets stuck at synchronizing data like when the bar is like 95 % full. and i have tried turning the mass storage on and off.
    02-24-09 12:43 AM
    Sadly I have thought about an iphone to go with my Mac! But really can I leave me BB? Doubt it!
    02-24-09 06:58 AM
    I have a Blackberry and am currently using PocketMac to sync. All was working fine until I had to be out of the office for a week. Upon my return, the Mac will not download email. My email application is MS Office 2004 Entourage. Now the email is so slow to download to the computer. I am still receiving email on my Blackberry but not to my computer.

Any suggestions.
    02-27-09 10:01 AM
    I have used the instructions at the beginning of this thread and it didn't work at first. I was syncing only Contacts and Calendar using Address Book and iCal respectively. The sync would appear to work fine but it would hang at about 95% as others have experienced.

I managed to get it working for me now....

I just tried only syncing Contacts first, and then it was fine. And then I tried syncing Calendar after that, and it took longer, but it ended up working fine. So maybe try syncing only one component at a time? Weird but it was the solution for me.

Oh and I turned the Mass Storage feature ON when it prompted me. Not sure if it really affected the process at all.
    Last edited by silasdavirus; 03-28-09 at 11:59 PM. Reason: addition
    03-28-09 11:58 PM
    Has anyone been able to solve this yet? Missing Sync was a waste of money & now pocket mac does not even respond. I have even deleted & re-downloaded several times. Google Sync is not an option for me.... is there any hope? The phone is great but I have no options for syncing... so basically all I have is a very nifty phone w/ a pretty screen - period. HELP! I am technologically retarded (although not to the point I know when something is not working right) so simple terms would be appreciated. I tried the above solution from Blackberry - to the tee - & it does not respond. I have to make it Force Quit every time.
    03-29-09 09:40 PM
    Oh.... I almost forgot... Mass Storage is on
    03-29-09 09:41 PM
    I am immensely grateful for your help!

I have had my Curve for about 6 weeks. I began using PocketMac for syncing to iCal and Address Book (OS 10.4) and initially had no problems. However for the past 2 weeks my BB will not allow any changes to its calendar or address book. I repeatedly receive the following error message:

An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.

Even manual attempts via the BB to modify existing contact data are not permitted. Attempting to do so returns this error:

Address updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed.

BB is set to mount the data card by default. I tried the driver update process but there is no change.
    04-11-09 11:27 AM
    Can anyone help me?

For whatever reason, my PM is syncing everything from Entourage 2004 with my Curve except my e-mail to my device. I have my address book, notes and calendar from Entourage, but I can't receive anything. I can apparently send emails using my BB but receiving is impossible.

I've tried just about everything.
    04-12-09 12:30 PM
    I've tried everything and I'm still getting
    "[07:23:07.551] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping."

04-17-09 06:25 PM
    Outstanding. Fixed the issue syncing with my Bold. Now it's crashing but at least I have it syncing. Not sure why PocketMac does not have this solution pasted in their knowledge base.
    04-20-09 08:23 PM
    OK, tried everything here, no avail. Multiple uninstalls & reinstalls & reboots. I'm a BB newbie but otherwise pretty adept.

The BB doesn't show up under "Status" at all, no matter what I do.

Using an original MacBook. It worked fine on my wife's MacBook Pro, though.

And when I tried BlackBerry Media Sync, that works fine, but I'd like to use one app for everything, thus PocketMac is what I should need.

I noticed that, after an uninstall/reinstall, my settings are still there, so it's obviously not deleting everything when it uninstalls.

I went to blackberry.com to use their support form, but when I entered my Curve's PIN, it says I need a valid PIN--I've checked & rechecked that one, so apparently they need to update their support forms! Anyway, no luck getting support from RiM, though, so I rely on all of you.

Any help here would be appreciated.
    05-17-09 12:32 AM
    Sync on my Mac is completely broken. During the sync it will hang for an hour. When I cancel it out, it says that some data has not synced. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I also cannot edit one of my address book settings.

It seems to me that there are some major issues with the Macintosh based sync software.
    06-01-09 08:56 PM
    Please Help! My blackberry has been syncing fine to my mac, but it had gotten all this crap in the device memory that I couldn't delete so I reformatted the device memory and the memory card since I have a backup.

Now my pocketmac won't recognize my blackberry although it does show up under drivers. I've reinstalled the pocketmac several times with the patch fix and nothing is working. Going on vacation today and need my contacts! please help! thanks!
    Last edited by leaneedshelp; 06-04-09 at 06:40 AM.
    06-04-09 06:28 AM
110 ... 2345