How do I sync my mac with itunes..... I have pocketmac installed already but it doesn't give me an option for itunes....
    Can anyone help.....
    08-22-08 04:04 PM
    This new version works great. I also didn't have to open entourage when I first started it. itunes is perfect too with album artwork!!! Yes!
    08-23-08 12:07 AM
    The driver seems to have been pulled; I found an article on PocketMac's site that says to select the prior version (4.0.20b) to get the option for the driver, but clicking download does nothing, as if the button was dead.. PM me if you have the driver and can email it to me please!
    08-28-08 11:26 PM
    Any chance someone can update this thread to address syncing issues with the latest version of PocketMac on the BB website? They took down the prior version and there is no driver update available. I've downloaded, installed, deleted and re-downloaded, installed and deleted the new version several times with the same result--it does not find my BB on the Mac and the sync freezes (Error 04). The new version of PocketMac does not fix the problem!
    08-29-08 10:06 AM
    Just got my new Curve...my Macbook doesn't seem to find the blackberry when it's plugged in. I think i have mass storage mode on now but I'm so confused...

When i open pocketmac the Blackberry icon doesn't even appear...trying to read all over to figure this out :-(
    08-31-08 01:03 PM
    Ok, figured out why I couldn't sync anything. The calendar in Verizons Curve 8330 wasn't working/syncing and I finally realized that for some reason in the DEFAULT SERVICES my 3 emails were becoming attached to the calendar so I erased all of the service books having to do with my email addresses with the calendar and it now syncs like a dream.

Apparently it's a known issue with Verizon's 8330 curve and when they update the OS it will be fixed.
    Put it this way, the email addresses don't need to be affixed to the calendar.
    09-04-08 08:50 PM
    What is your time worth? Does it make sense to jump through all these hoops to get a bad piece of software working, or just pay a small sum to get Missing Sync -- arguably the best syncing software out there right now for the Mac. It just works.
    I had MissingSync and it did sync up beautifully. However, it would also duplicate entries and I would have to manually go in and remove them. After doing that a few hundred times, I decided to give Pocket Mac another try. I find it far less frustrating dealing with the little idiosyncrasies of Pocket Mac over deleting 30-40 events a week that are duplicated in MissingSync.

It would be awesome to smash the two together and get something that actually just works!
    09-17-08 10:30 PM
    I am getting an error message"merging local records with device record failed". It is having the problem with iCal. I deleted Pocket Mac and reinstalled it and still nothing. The address book syncs fine. The calender syncing worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions. Thanks
    09-30-08 01:23 PM
    I have the new macbook pro and i've tried all of the above options to no avail. I still continue to get the error 1 skipping when trying to sync my blackberry 8820. My old Macbook Pro worked fine, Apple must have changed something with this version of OS that is keeping the cpu and device from talking. Anyone have any suggestions?
    10-17-08 06:16 PM
    I've had my BB Curve for all of a week and I'm about to go crazy. I've installed/uninstalled PocketMac three or four times. I've followed every instruction posted here as well as on another CB forum. I can't seem to get my iCal and Address Book to sync with my BB. I've added things to my BB that aren't coming up on my iCal and vice versa. PocketMac does recognize my BB because I see the PIN on the Sync Manager.

Here's the stats:
    BB 4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.73)
    Sprint Curve 8330 (CDMA)

MacBook
    OSX 10.4.11

I have made sure to have both the BB and MB on the same time zone. I don't use Entourage much, so I've opened iCal before attaching the BB. My Entourage and iCal won't even sync up.

I've stood on my head, held my tongue to the side and waited until Jupiter has aligned with Mars and still got nothing.

If there's anyone that can help, I would sure appreciate it.
    10-21-08 05:07 PM
    Have you gone into the Pocketmac settings and deselected stuff you dont need and selected the iCalandars etc that you DO need to sync?

You click on the blackberry phone icon in the PocketMack window that pops up.

Try giving 'notes' / tasks a skip to begin with - sometimes it doesn't like those.. (so sync with those disabled on Pocket Mac)

Try also a combo of re booting the laptop / battery pull on the BB

Boot up the laptop with the phone attached

turn off phone radio and Blue tooth while syncing

just a few ideas!

10-21-08 05:22 PM
    Try giving 'notes' / tasks a skip to begin with - sometimes it doesn't like those.. (so sync with those disabled on Pocket Mac)
    So, as soon I wrote this, I remembered someone saying there was too much that was trying to sync. So, I deselected the Contacts and Notes and only selected iCal and it worked. IT WORKED!!!!

Thanks so much for your help.
    10-21-08 05:28 PM
    Yeah it can be a little cranky

Glad it worked and that I may have helped some.. But it sounds like you figured it out yourself!

BRING ON THE MAC DESKTOP SOFTWARE!

10-21-08 05:52 PM
    so we do not have the drivers? I have tried the new version, uninstalled it, re-installed and nothing syncs. I am running 10.5.5 and have an ATT curve. Anyone help?
    10-23-08 11:40 AM
    I go to BB site and download the Driver Update. I go to the download site and see where I download 4.1 or a USB Driver and Modem - none of those are in English?!!?
    10-27-08 02:34 PM
    i am having trouble with pocketmac opening. anyone else have this problem. It always says that "program is not responding" how do i fix it?
    11-07-08 02:13 AM
    i am having trouble with pocketmac opening. anyone else have this problem. It always says that "program is not responding" how do i fix it?
    Same problem here with new updated drivers for new aluminium macbooks...
    11-27-08 12:21 PM
    Hi.. Can someone help me. I installed couple of themes with pocketmac. Now that I want uninstall the themes but when I hit the "Uninstall Software from Device" the themes are not even listed. So now I can't uninstall the theme.

I have followed the steps on the first page and still not listed. Can someone tell me how I can delete the theme because it also not listed in the Advance Option - Applications on my bb. I'm using 8310 4.5.099

Thanks..
    11-27-08 02:20 PM
    Thank you for this thread!
    11-29-08 12:01 AM
    Still having no luck whatsoever and everyone else's successes make it all the more frustrating! I have a 8830 Curve and a first generation MacBook. Have installed and uninstalled countless times with the same result. I get a brief flicker of directional arrows on the BB and the sync progress bar goes just over halfway and thats it. I have tried deleting all my recurring events on the mac, then tried just syncing the contacts only. Still nothing. In my finder nothing shows up under devices.

So what am I missing? Do I need to install a media card?
    11-29-08 11:55 AM
    this will even work for a storm. i've tried it with both
    11-29-08 03:46 PM
    Brilliant! I have been trying to solve this issue for weeks. Thank you very much!
    01-23-09 07:20 AM
    I am trying to get Pocketmac working with my Storm. I had the previous version installed for my Curve and uninstalled it using the uninstall program and downloaded the latest version and the new usb driver.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but it will still not recognise the Storm (yes I have mass storage etc activated)
    I tried to find the library folder to delete the following files

> "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"

but my Extensions folder does not seem to exist I searched for the files but they are not there. This leads me to believe the driver is not installing!

Can anyone help I have spent about 8 hours on this problem up to now and it is driving me crazy as I need to sync my calander (sons medical treatment got messed up the other day because of it!!)
    01-25-09 10:34 AM
    How long should this process take after the fix in the earlier post. im hung up on around 60 pct for 15 minutes
    01-26-09 03:03 PM
    I am not able to get my BB 8330 Curve to work with PocketMac. It will not find my BB at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 10 times. I have tried it with the mass storage as yes and no. I have

Mac 10.4.11
    PocketMac 4.1.25
    BB 8330 Curve v4.5.0.89 (platform 3.2.0.52)

Someone PLEASE help me! I am sick of un/installing the program.
    01-28-09 08:53 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD