09-21-09 03:34 AM
110 1234 ...
    For the curve:

Options> Media Card > Auto Enable mass storage mode when connected: Yes

Try that and let us know if it works
    06-22-08 07:01 PM
    What is your time worth? Does it make sense to jump through all these hoops to get a bad piece of software working, or just pay a small sum to get Missing Sync -- arguably the best syncing software out there right now for the Mac. It just works.
    06-23-08 10:51 AM
    What is your time worth? Does it make sense to jump through all these hoops to get a bad piece of software working, or just pay a small sum to get Missing Sync -- arguably the best syncing software out there right now for the Mac. It just works.
    I use missing sync but when my 8130 is still resetting every time i have mass storage mode set to yes and if i have it set to prompt then it resets as soon as i click yes on the prompt.
    Last edited by joshtbuff; 06-23-08 at 01:38 PM.
    06-23-08 01:32 PM
    When I have the media card enabled, on, whatever you like to call it and I try to hook up to my Macbook it goes into a continuous reset. IF I have the media card turned off, I have no problems. Anybody know the culprit or a solution to this truly irritating issue. I have the 8130 Pearl on Sprint.

06-26-08 01:24 AM
    I had same issues--hanging up either in tasks or calendar. Went into set up & unchecked Entourage (dont really use it) & then sync'd great. Will try to go back & sync tasks, etc.
    06-27-08 10:13 AM
    Now it hangs up again after trying tasks. I agree with the previous caller--too much time dicking around with it. Back to Missing Sync!
    06-27-08 10:43 AM
    This finally worked for me once I uninstalled and reinstalled. I think my problem was that I never installed the updated driver the first time. While the sync finished, I did notice that the program didn't recognize the device name/PIN. Anyway, I got what I wanted so thank you thank you thank you!!!
    07-09-08 12:04 PM

The PocketMac fix....Worked a treat! MANY THANKS

And finally synced ical todo's (to BB Tasks) HOORAY!!!!!! (I have been pulling my hair out about that for a year now)

It took forever to do its sync though.. I got worried there for a while!

Nahhh.. Missing Sync = missing DATA for me! The 'cant deal with never ending recurring events' thing - thats a bust for me, I have LOTS of those on my Ical - so cant deal with a system that doesn't like em.. no no no (I did buy and try it though.. )

Jeeze this is almost as exciting as getting the pop3 configuration 'secret' to get my old Treo to pick up my Gmail for the first time.. ah.. the old days... sigh...

P.S. spent the last 3 weeks will-I?-wont-I? with the iphone.. nah! fuggit I am distracted enough by BUSINESS on my BB the last thing I need is some sort of Leonardo Davinchi art / media wonder tool / toy totally robbing me of any spare time I might have messing around with it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you..
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 07-11-08 at 05:11 PM.
    07-11-08 01:57 PM
    I followed the instructions in the first post, which got almost everything work for me -- thank you!!!

Only prob I'm still having is trying to sync iCal tasks. Gets stuck there, but syncs everything else!
    07-11-08 04:35 PM
    Remove battery, replace and try again?
    07-11-08 05:23 PM
    This worked perfectly for me. Thank you!
    07-13-08 03:48 PM
    The Hill-Arious part about this fix is that having spent a year without tasks syncing.. and just getting them going yesterday.. I now have to DISABLE tasks in PocketMac sync preferences - as I am now using Remember The Milk Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management as I am now using this to sync tasks and dont want to get duplicate copies of tasks..

Last edited by Casper TFG; 07-13-08 at 04:30 PM.
    07-13-08 04:24 PM
    For the curve:

Options> Media Card > Auto Enable mass storage mode when connected: Yes

Try that and let us know if it works
    Interestingly enough, I don't even have a media card installed, but when I did this PocketMac finally saw my Curve!! Thanks! As an aside, if you are using IMAP accounts (i.e. GMail) don't even bother syncing the received mail. I had to wait about 20 minutes while PocketMac placed duplicate copies of message on my desktop computer. Just stick with the sent items.
    07-17-08 11:20 AM
    BTW Curve comrades - I just contacted Pocketmac and they assured me that the BB Bold will sync fine upon its release.

OK - back the Curve program!
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 07-19-08 at 05:18 AM.
    07-17-08 12:54 PM
    hi guys. i was till 4am last night trying to sync my new curve. in the end what I was doing wrong was simply a matter of clicking (and starting) the wrong ICON. in the POCKETMAC folder there are two identical green icons. I clicked the one that said POCKETMAC SYNC and it worked (i did 3 test trials and was 3/3).

Thanks for your help!
    07-18-08 09:00 PM
    I tried everything in the first post, as well as selecting yes for a mass storage device, and I'm still getting the message that Pocketmac cannot connect to my curve, "skipping."

Any advice? Thanks!
    07-23-08 09:55 AM
    Thank you so much for this thread! I was finally able to sync my contacts from my MacBook Pro. However, once it finally recognized my Curve....it gave me a "category length" error and wouldn't complete the transfer. If anyone else is having this problem - this is the response on the Pocketmac forum:

This error appears when you choose specific categories to sync in "Advanced Preferences". Unfortunately, the "orphan" records are in the "no category" classification, and in order to sync those along with the categorized entries, the solution is to select "no category" along with the categories you'd like to sync.

One option is to assign ALL new records to a particular category.

You may want to create a new category/group in your address book, and drag all your contacts to this group. Now, only the categories you would like to sync will sync.

Taking out my contacts that were not a part of the list I was creating for my Curve worked and I now have a fully functional contact list! YAY!!!!

Thanks again!
    07-23-08 09:53 PM
    OP, Thanks for starting this thread. I just lost my old 8830we and bought the 8330 today. Much happier. I couldn't figure out my deal and decided that I was not gonna waste time and pulled up the site and did a quick search. Found everything that I needed to get it up and running.
    This site is amazing. Anyway, thanks.

08-11-08 10:34 PM
    I'm in the process of deciding between an iPhone and a BB 8330 (VZW)... probably a fabled going-down as far as smartphones go, but the price and poor customer service at AT&T is driving me pretty hard toward Verizon. I'll ask a few other questions in another thread, but can I confirm that PocketMac would be a two-way sync -- specifically if I add an entry on the BB, it would also add [itself] to iCal once I connect the two?

And also, Bluetooth is not a valid sync method when using PocketMac?
    08-12-08 10:24 PM
    I believe both of those statments are correct.

I always sync with cable. And it is two way sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 11:26 PM
    Sweet -- thanks!
    08-13-08 12:56 PM
    i can't seem to find the drivers and have no idea how to install them once i were to get them on my mac osx 10.5
    08-20-08 02:15 AM
    so if anyone could either send me them or show me a direct link it would be much appreciated
    08-20-08 02:24 AM
    I don't have a direct link cause I'm on my phone but they are on the blackberry website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 10:10 PM
    I hope this works for you too. I was able to sync my address book and calendar.

• Uninstalled PocketMac
    • Trashed Application
    • Restarted
    • Went to pocket mac site
    • Downloaded version: pocketmacforblackberry4.1.25.dmg
    • Installed
    • Restarted

This step is super important:
    • Launched Entourage app (the read me file before you install notes that you have to have entourage open)
    • Ran Sync

It worked
    Peace Love Happiness

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 08-22-08 at 11:00 AM. Reason: I had the same line twice
    08-22-08 10:55 AM
110 1234 ...