Is there a way to tether via bluetooth without having to have the tethering plan. I have managed to get it connected via bluetooth, but it takes me to the "sign up for tethering at verizon" site, lol. I have also connected fine through tetherberry and I can browse with no problem, but only while tethered. What am I missing?
    10-24-09 07:51 PM
    For it to work with bluetooth you'll need the tethering package. I don't think tetherberry will work with bluetooth as of yet. Use tetherberry at your own risk.
    10-24-09 07:54 PM
    Any other inputs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 07:43 PM
    For it to work with bluetooth you'll need the tethering package. I don't think tetherberry will work with bluetooth as of yet. Use tetherberry at your own risk.
    I have AT&T and used my Bold for long time as a tethered modem. I input the information myself and I hated to have to put it in by hand if I upgraded laptops of operating systems on my PC so I now I have Tetherberry.

My question is why you stated to use Tetherberry at your own risk? Is there something you know that I may not? Have you heard bad things or had bad luck with Tetherberry causing you to get billed?

I have never seen a charge for me using Bold as a modem but that was when I input the information by hand as a dialup modem. With Tetherberry I do have a concern that it sets things up different and I will get charged.

Thanks for your input.
    10-26-09 06:00 PM
    Same with me. I set my netbook to discover the Tour. Used blanks for user/pw & #777 and connected... To a signuo screen. Any other way around this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 12:33 PM
    If your are on verizon, as the OP is, your best option is tether (used to be tetherberry). Even if you set it up yourself, verizon will intercept the attempt and ask for you to pay....I use tether, and it does send packets with BT, but it is ever so slow....
    01-11-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD