Hey everyone,
    I successfully tethered my Storm to my Apple laptop using Bluetooth, but when I try to get on the Internet it takes me to the Mobile Broadband Connect page and asks me to subscribe to the $30 a month plan. Now I just want to be able to use my laptop about once a month when I am up in the mountains, so it is a waste to spend $30 for the Mobile Broadband plan when I will be using about 20 MB worth of data on my laptop every month. Is there any way at all to get around this screen and get on the web with my computer? I understand this is ethically dubious, but again, I pay for the data plan every month and I just occasionally would like to access data with my laptop.

Thanks!
    03-10-10 01:06 PM
    You can pay for tetherberry or tether, which have a one time fee. I don't know how much it is though.
    03-10-10 01:29 PM
    So if I use that software it avoids the Verizon subscription webpage?
    03-10-10 01:42 PM
    It will avoid the Verizon fee, but I'm not sure if it avoids the Verizon page, I have not used them before.
    03-10-10 01:59 PM
    Go to tether.com and download the software and yes there's a one time fee if you're lucky you can get it for half the price . That's all you need no hidden or extra fees ... So far most blackberry phones work with this software. This is better than paying a monthly fee of $15.00 or $25.00 with your phone provider..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 03:26 PM
    Well worth the $25 or so that Tether costs.

I used it for two months while it took to finally get some internet at home.
    03-11-10 03:38 PM
    I used tetherberry when it was a free beta and it ROCKS!! I'm thinking of getting it tomorrow in fact. They have it for half price. It's great..

And no, you won't need to deal with the Verizon home screen. It uses your existing data plan. Just be sure not to do a huge amount of d/l and stuff. Verizon will notice huge data useage...
    03-11-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD