11-26-09 12:21 AM
49 12
tools
    Hello, i am having issues trying to teather the Storm to my MacBook PRO. I have talked to the people at Verizon, and they tell me they do not support MAC so they cant help.

Please help......

Eric
    01-15-09 09:51 AM
    Not sure if you can tether on Mac. Did you try installing the VZ Access Manager?
    01-15-09 09:53 AM
    Yes I had an air Card........ it worked with the curve, bought the Storm and now it doesn't work.....
    01-15-09 09:59 AM
    Hmm... Wish I could be me more help. PM me if you figure it out though b/c I've been looking at Macbooks. If I can't tether it might be a deal breaker. Did you try a mac genius?
    01-15-09 10:08 AM
    it Should work, the VZ Access Mananger is for mac as well as PC, it might be your phone.
    01-15-09 10:18 AM
    you have to download the vzaccess manager for mac for the storm... go to vzam.net to download the software. You should uninstall the old version of access manager that you have on your mac as well.
    01-15-09 10:26 AM
    sry this is probably the dumbest question ever but what do you mean by teather?
    01-15-09 10:32 AM
    Hello, i am having issues trying to teather the Storm to my MacBook PRO. I have talked to the people at Verizon, and they tell me they do not support MAC so they cant help.

Please help......

Eric
    Yes you can..

1)You need to have the teather package for 15$ a month

2)Goto System Bluetooth option and find you phone.. it sound be setup as Smartphone.

3) set up modem dial up. in network preferences and setup Modem

Dial Number #777
    Account Name : youtellnumber @vzw3.com
    Example: 2125551212@vzw3.com
    password vzw

in advance setup underbluetooth Tab choose the following

vendor : other
    Model: Verizon support (PC5220)
    enable error correcdtion
    wait for dial tone

Your all done..
    then from the modem menu just dial..

your phone will connect over Bluetooth and dial out.

I like to keep the Modem icon on the menu bar above next to the Airport. Just easier I guess..
    Last edited by saurabbhatia; 01-15-09 at 11:04 AM.
    01-15-09 10:36 AM
    now for what ever reason after i re downloaded the VZW program now it says on the mac that the devise does not have permission's in the blue tooth screen
    01-15-09 11:13 AM
    I used "saurabbhatia" instructions, you can also find them by using google search. There is a video out there also if you search. I use Bluetooth tethering on my Storm all the time. It is really nice.
    01-15-09 11:13 AM
    now for what ever reason after i re downloaded the VZW program now it says on the mac that the devise does not have permission's in the blue tooth screen
    Dont use VZW Program Its CRAP! at least on the MAC and not made for the storm!
    Last edited by saurabbhatia; 01-15-09 at 11:17 AM.
    01-15-09 11:14 AM
    What program should i use ....
    01-15-09 11:37 AM
    What program should i use ....
    I just gave you the steps to set it up.. You don't need a program. Mac has it built in called DIAL-UP
    01-15-09 11:45 AM
    YOU ARE THE MAN or LADIE I WILL TRY THERE
    01-15-09 12:18 PM
    YOU ARE THE MAN or LADIE I WILL TRY THERE
    MAN IT IS!
    01-15-09 12:20 PM
    Anyone know how to make this work for an unlocked storm on AT&T that wants to tether to their mac?
    01-15-09 12:49 PM
    Same setup but for dialing

for dialing use #99*
    user: ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    pwd: cingular1
    01-15-09 01:31 PM
    Yes you can..

1)You need to have the teather package for 15$ a month

2)Goto System Bluetooth option and find you phone.. it sound be setup as Smartphone.

3) set up modem dial up. in network preferences and setup Modem

Dial Number #777
    Account Name : youtellnumber @vzw3.com
    Example: 2125551212@vzw3.com
    password vzw

in advance setup underbluetooth Tab choose the following

vendor : other
    Model: Verizon support (PC5220)
    enable error correcdtion
    wait for dial tone

Your all done..
    then from the modem menu just dial..

your phone will connect over Bluetooth and dial out.

I like to keep the Modem icon on the menu bar above next to the Airport. Just easier I guess..
    Many thanks for posting these step! Got my Storm and Macbook working together perfectly!

Thanks again!
    01-15-09 05:38 PM
    Think this is my first post so bear with me...

Not an expert, but I regularly use my BT to tether my MacBook Pro through Telus.

I can try to walk you through it a bit, but feel free to ask more questions.

Make sure you have set up your Storm in your Bluetooth set up on your Mac (exchange passkey's etc)

Attached are two files showing my set up. It works great and consistently.

Good Luck.
    01-15-09 06:09 PM
    Many thanks for posting these step! Got my Storm and Macbook working together perfectly!

Thanks again!
    glad it worked out for you.. I'm assuming it worked with ATT ?
    01-15-09 06:12 PM
    I have been trying to get my MacBook to tether to my Storm for weeks. I constantly get an error that says "Modem errors has occurred. Please check your settings and try again." I am using the setting as outline in this post and have previously had my Curve tethered using these same setting. Why cannot I get this Storm to work? Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts. Why would it work on my Curve and now that I got the Storm it is not working? HELP!
    01-15-09 07:05 PM
    I have been trying to get my MacBook to tether to my Storm for weeks. I constantly get an error that says "Modem errors has occurred. Please check your settings and try again." I am using the setting as outline in this post and have previously had my Curve tethered using these same setting. Why cannot I get this Storm to work? Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts. Why would it work on my Curve and now that I got the Storm it is not working? HELP!
    I got that error before as well when I moved form 8830 to Storm. Delete the older bluetooth Device and then make sure your vender is set to other and choose verizon PC5300

Make sure you are have the storm set up as Smartphone
    01-15-09 07:19 PM
    I deleted all Bluetooth devices and deleted all Tether network setups then restarted my MacBook.
    Then I build only the Storm profile from scratch using the setting exactly, triple checked. It is setup as a Smartphone and shows Dialup Networking as part of the Bluetooth profile.
    Still the same errors. Any other suggestions?
    01-15-09 07:44 PM
    Just wanted to say set it up and works great thanks....
    01-15-09 11:27 PM
    I deleted all Bluetooth devices and deleted all Tether network setups then restarted my MacBook.
    Then I build only the Storm profile from scratch using the setting exactly, triple checked. It is setup as a Smartphone and shows Dialup Networking as part of the Bluetooth profile.
    Still the same errors. Any other suggestions?
    You chose the correct Device and Vendor? Honestly I don't know why it might be doing that with out looking into myself or experiencing it myself..

Sorry Man.. IF you can fwd some screen shots that would be help full

Just wanted to say set it up and works great thanks....
    Glad to see it worked out
    01-16-09 10:14 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD