Prior to upgrading my OS to .282 I was able to tether via bluetooth. I'm no longer able to do so. I've followed the steps correctly as I did before but this time I am not able to change the "Phone Vendor" or "Phone Model" option. Its shaded gray.

I actually wouldn't mind tethering via usb. I would imagine it being more stable. Is it possible? Tetherberry is not an option. I refuse to pay for a service I know can be done for free.
    07-02-09 03:48 AM
    .282 seems to break the tethering. Possibly a script issue? I am having the same issue with .282 official
    07-04-09 03:01 AM
    Guys, use tcolar's solution for wired tethering with a mac. Much faster and does not get messed up when u upgrade os. Also u can bbtether for mac - I hv a very stable beta. I alternate between these 2 and both work very well. Always remember bluetooth tethering is slower, uses more power and u are not charging the phone as u do with a wired usb cable connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 09:43 AM
    Guys, use tcolar's solution for wired tethering with a mac. Much faster and does not get messed up when u upgrade os. Also u can bbtether for mac - I hv a very stable beta. I alternate between these 2 and both work very well. Always remember bluetooth tethering is slower, uses more power and u are not charging the phone as u do with a wired usb cable connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Screw wired tethering!!!. I hate people that always make this stupid argument about wired tethering being faster. How much speed do you need. I can download at 130kb/s over BT on 3G bold. I dont need any more speed than that considering that we use tethering for when we are on the go, mobile. Therefore we should not have to carry extra cables around. I dont want to have to take my phone out of my pocket. I can press connect on my laptop and it connects. None of this wired crap. If you are using wires when mobile then really you should not call your self mobile
    07-04-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD