I've searched the forum and the net - can't find any help that makes sense at all.

Bluetooth is established between Storm and Mac.

I'm getting this error; "Cound not negotiate a connection with the remote PPP server."

I think it might have something to do with my Storm and me hitting it through a company enterprise server.

Any easy solution? Please help. Please.
    08-04-09 10:11 AM
    What are your network settings in the system prefs right now. Also what version of OS X are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:46 PM
    Mosipher,
    Thank you!

OS x is 10.5.
    I'll have to check the network setttings later. I followed the guided set up - which went smooth.

I've been searching the net all day. I did find one suggestion - switching from "generic" device to "other". I'm going to try that later on today.
    08-04-09 12:56 PM
    These are the settings I am using in system prefs. I have the network selected as bluetooth and use these settings:

Vendor: Other
    Model: Verizon
    User: 1115551234@vzw3g.com (this is your 10 digit number)
    Password: vzw
    Phone Number: #777

I am using BIS so if these settings don't work it may be your corporate server and you might need to contact your tech support.

Edit: Sorry, I just assume you are on verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mosipher; 08-04-09 at 02:48 PM.
    08-04-09 02:44 PM
    Mosipher,
    Switching from "generic" to "other" did get rid of the PPP server error.

However now I'm getting this error "a modem error occurred. Please verify your settings and try again".
    I did a battery pull...didn't work.

In your settings under phone number do you actually have "#777" in there..or do you have your actual phone number??

I am on verizon. Oh and one of my IT guys mentioned something about 5g not 3g.
    Confused and about to toss my Storm.
    08-05-09 08:24 AM
    Your phone number replaces the 10 digit number after User:
    You need #777 where it is.
    08-05-09 08:39 AM
    Do you have Tethering enabled on your Verizon account?

Sometimes on my Macbook i have to go through the Bluetooth wizard again to get it to work. I don't have my Macbook in front of me at the moment to give you more details.

Rich
    08-05-09 09:10 AM
    Thanks rplakas,
    Is there a way to verify on the Storm that it is activated. I did verify on my Verizon statement that I'm paying for it!

I will try and go through the BT setup wizard on Mac again later.

Thanks
    08-05-09 10:18 AM
    Still getting the Modem error.

Does anyone know how to verify on the BB that tethering is active?

If it is an enterprise server issue - does anyone know the fix? (without going to my IT guys)
    08-06-09 07:48 AM
    Still getting the Modem error.

Does anyone know how to verify on the BB that tethering is active?

If it is an enterprise server issue - does anyone know the fix? (without going to my IT guys)
    Check these 2 threads. If the first one doesnt work for you, try the second for Tetherberry for Mac. And they just released a new beta final for mac today.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...solved-260401/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/te...ta-out-222206/
    08-06-09 08:39 AM
    Lets move this thread over to the Mac Users Forum.
    08-06-09 08:44 AM
    The "how to...problem solved" info isn't helpful. I've tried those suggestions and it still doesn't work.

I guess I will try the Tetherberry for Mac and pray that it works.
    Thanks
    08-06-09 09:38 AM
    Much thanks Cable17 - The Tetherberry worked!
    The only question I had from that forum post was can I in fact cancel the $15 tethering fee from Verizon?
    08-06-09 07:43 PM
    Much thanks Cable17 - The Tetherberry worked!
    The only question I had from that forum post was can I in fact cancel the $15 tethering fee from Verizon?
    From what I read you should be able to, but if you go over 5 gigs worth of bandwidth that Verizon charges you something like $.40 a mb. So just watch it, but if you do a search for fees you should be able to find it
    08-07-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD