I'm trying to tether my Torch to my Mac, and none of the online guides are working for me. Has anyone done it successfully? and if so, how?
    10-28-10 09:44 PM
    The search function is your friend. This has been covered many many many many many many...many times. It does seem though that you have actually looked at some of the posts so I will copy this here.

This is from a post I wrote a while back:

To use bluetooth, make your phone discoverable and click on the bluetooth symbol on the top of your Mac;s screen and choose "Setup bluetooth device and follow the directions.

Go to System preferences and choose Network. Click the + to add a service if Bluetooth DUN is not there. Choose Bluetooth DUN from the drop down menu for the interface.

These are the settings I use.

Configuration: default
    Telephone number: leave blank
    Account Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Click on Advanced >Modem
    APN: wap.cingular CID: 1 Vendor: Research in Motion Model: Blackberry IP Modem GSM

Here is a link to a thread about this in the Mac area on Crackberry: Blackberry Bold: My successful AT&T tether settings. OSX 10.5.6 and BB OS .167

The settings shown in that thread are the same with the exception of the phone number. They had something in the phone number field but that didn't work for me. Leaving it blank did.

I hope this helps. It is actually quite easy.

Here is the link to that thread, http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...anager-514417/
    10-30-10 11:11 AM
    If you have a Torch and are using a mac with 10.5.8 this works. Period.
    12-13-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD