Is this possible at all??? Both Tetherberry.com and Verizon's actual program still say that they are not compatible with Macs. Any work arounds? Thanks in advance!
    09-25-09 07:52 AM
    If you search "tether+mac" you will come up with a thread that has step by step instructions to set up your BB as a Bluetooth modem to use with you Mac. Doing it that way though, you will need to sign up for data tethering through Verizon. I set up my Blackberry to be used as a modem thinking it was a way around using Verizon's tethering service but was redirected to Verizon's website for data tethering.....

I have Tetherberry as well although recently I have not been able to use it, since upgrading to Snow Leopard. I downloaded the newer version of Tetherberry with the Snow Leopard patch but for some reason my computer always says "failed to connect." I will have to search Tetherberry's forums to find a solution to that. But others have been able to get Tetherberry to work with Snow Leopard without any issues......
    09-25-09 08:53 AM
    Yes it is possible using the USB cable and the Verizon access manager for the MAC. It do it all the time. Download the manager that will work with the mac, it pretty much doesn't matter what it supports. If I remember right, DON'T use the latest version. Once you plug in your BB, it should find it. I'm not in front of a MAC right now so I can't give you specifics, but it truly works just fine. I've done it with my storm and tour. The BT tethering is much slower. I am assuming that you have tethering enabled on your account, otherwise it probably won't connect.
    the setup info,

Al

If you have any questions, let me know, i'll have a mac all weekend and can give you
    09-25-09 10:04 AM
    and its also possible via bluetooth and the dialup manager in the mac(no vzaccess software)
    09-25-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD