I'm expecting my new 9700 later this week and am looking forward to the option of tethering my MacBook Pro at 3G speed. Does anyone have specific instructions on how to do this?

Also, can T-Mobile detect you're doing this, and if so do they care? It would probably be pretty obvious from your data usage pattern, no?
    11-23-09 03:07 PM
    I'm expecting my new 9700 later this week and am looking forward to the option of tethering my MacBook Pro at 3G speed. Does anyone have specific instructions on how to do this?

Also, can T-Mobile detect you're doing this, and if so do they care? It would probably be pretty obvious from your data usage pattern, no?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...solved-260401/
    11-23-09 03:34 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried numerous means to tether my 9700 T-mobile Bold to my new MacBook Pro running snow leopard, including the methods described in other posts (*99#, entering nothing or guest as account name, epc.tmobile.com as telephone #, changing vendor, model, APN & CID under Advanced, etc.). I can get the bluetooth connection established, and have BBDM installed in the version for Macs that came out in October. Any other ideas of what might be needed? I have a list of ways that did not work I can post. Does anyone have any ways that worked for them? It seems to be working easily for people, but I dont know if I did something to make it hard. --And t-mobile does not charge extra for tethering, or at least did not in the last month.
    12-06-09 09:13 AM
    I have my 3G bold 9700 working as a tether connecting through bluetooth but only at EDGE speeds, can anyone help boost my speed?
    04-03-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD