I have a 8300 [v4.2.2.166 (Platform 2.4.0/73)], thru AT&T. I have upgraded my data plan to include tethering.

I have a MacBook, (OS 10.5.2) and I am trying to connect via bluetooth.

I've seen so many different usernames/password throughout the internet, and it still doesn't work for me.

Can someone help? Is there a step by step instruction available?

I'd be so ever grateful if anyone could help me.
    07-01-08 11:38 AM
    blackberry tethering mac tutorial - Google Search

Check out some of those links, I've never done it myself but I have a friend who concluded his Mac tethering quest by not using bluetooth tethering on the Mac. Some of those links indicate it should work though. Good luck.
    07-02-08 08:48 AM
    I got my blackberry curve to tether via bluetooth to my macbook pro. I posted a tutorial in the curve forums. Otherwise there are lots of tutorials in this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 11:45 PM
    Still no luck. I keep getting authentication failures.

I called AT&T and asked what username and password I should be using. They said they don't use them anymore. And that there is a windows based managing program that allows you to tether.

This is really frustrating.
    07-08-08 09:57 AM
    Well I found one that might work for you but I can't post a URL because you apparently have to have 10 posts first. Noob fail!
    07-08-08 11:48 AM
    Spamming your thread so I can post you a URL...yay!
    07-08-08 11:49 AM
    Only one more to go!
    07-08-08 11:49 AM
    Alright here's the URL to the tutorial that I think might work for you. Give it a shot!

Wireless Internet: BlackBerry Curve as Bluetooth Modem for OS-X Mac • Perishable Press
    07-08-08 11:50 AM
    This was the first site I came across when attempting to first tether. Although very informative, the user is not using the same OS X version I am, and his screen caps don't match mine.

07-09-08 01:30 PM
    Shimmer - you have a mac right? Do you have 10.5.2?

We could always use iChat and I can share my screen with you.... and maybe you can take a look at my settings?

pretty please?

with sugar on top?
    07-09-08 01:38 PM
    Yeah I do have a mac. I'm running 10.5.3 but I might be able to help you. I think my aim name is in my profile otherwise send me a pm and ill give it to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 12:34 AM
    Thank you kindly.
    07-12-08 03:48 PM