01-07-10 02:26 PM
172 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Unload failed for BlackberryUSB.kext and BlackberryUSBDev.kext...no RIMBBUSB file
    Did you run the commands like the following post? BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - USB problem with Parallels recognizing my 8700g
    05-06-09 03:26 PM
    Can you check the /System/Library/Extensions folder in Finder and see if you can see anything that starts with BlackBerry? If so, try to unload that kext file.

How about RIMBBUSB.kext?
    Can you try to unload that?

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/RIMBBUSB.kext
    05-06-09 03:27 PM
    Have same problem "Failed to load the Blackberry device" would having Tetherberry installed on Windows (VMware Fusion) (not running) cause this. running 10.5.6 phone storm with 4.7.0.141 slimmed down.
    05-06-09 03:29 PM
    Have same problem "Failed to load the Blackberry device" would having Tetherberry installed on Windows (VMware Fusion) (not running) cause this. running 10.5.6 phone storm with 4.7.0.141 slimmed down.
    If VMWare is not running, it shouldn't be a problem. It does sound like something else in the system is taking control of the BlackBerry and not letting me get access to it.

Do you have parallels or anything running that would "own" the BlackBerry instead of the Mac side?
    05-06-09 03:32 PM
    When I unloaded the RIMM\BBUSB.kext it actually just removed the device from my mac.
    05-06-09 03:34 PM
    nothing else is running do have VZAccess Manager installed dont use pocket sync or anything of that nature.
    05-06-09 03:36 PM
    I think I figured it out!

Remove the RIMBBUSB.kext.

I now have an active connection!

The Tetherberry GUI states: TetherBerry Connection Active. But I turned off all other connections and could not get online. Now what? Also, on my phone Application is started.
    Last edited by AtomicFireball; 05-06-09 at 03:43 PM.
    05-06-09 03:39 PM
    do you have the blackberry Media sync beta installed? that could cause problems.
    05-06-09 03:40 PM
    I don't have BB MediaSync installed.
    05-06-09 03:43 PM
    Can you check the /System/Library/Extensions folder in Finder and see if you can see anything that starts with BlackBerry? If so, try to unload that kext file.

How about RIMBBUSB.kext?
    I unloaded RIMBBUSB.kext and that kicked both my media BB mounts offline (dropped them hard, not a soft dismount either) — reattached the BB and the miniSD card mounted, but the BB internal memory is nowhere to be seen.

BUT, it did solve the problem. While my network adapter still didn't show a connection in Preferences -> Network, when I ran the TBGui app, a connection was made and the adapter showed "connected". I unplugged everything but the BB (ie. my two ethernet cables) and I was able to go online through the BB.

So, it worked (though, again, now my BB's internal memory won't mount anymore).

1. Should I have to run TBGui to get this working every time?
    2. My connection was painfully slow — 300ms ping, .25Mbs down and .02 Mbs up — is that normal?

k.
    Last edited by theboyk; 05-06-09 at 03:50 PM.
    05-06-09 03:48 PM
    Mine did the same thing, but even though I am showing that both are connected, I have no connection?! What's up with that?
    05-06-09 04:00 PM
    reinstall GUI, reset mac, battery pull..

some ppl on the TetherBerry for Mac forums said they reinstalled it.. then it still didnt work for me so i resetted everything, and did a battery pull..

then again, every berry is different.. =\
    05-06-09 04:11 PM
    Can you try to unload that?

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/RIMBBUSB.kext

That worked for me!! Everything works great now!! Thanks!!
    05-06-09 04:22 PM
    I still am showing a connection on both devices, but a cable is unplugged on my network and so I still can't get online. sigh!
    05-06-09 05:00 PM
    Uninstalled Missing Sync for BB and restarted. I'm able to connect now, but it's not really a long term solution since I do need to have my Missing Sync working. I hope there's a way to make these two apps coexist.
    05-06-09 05:07 PM
    I locked mine down to pocketmac which I don't use anyway. Once I uninstalled that, it saw my berry! I believe both missingsync and pocketmac cause it problems.
    05-06-09 05:12 PM
    Here is a suggestion. on the gui menu, add an option so that apple + q works to quit. The exit button can be a pain.
    05-06-09 05:22 PM
    are there any extra charges for using this?
    05-06-09 06:00 PM
    are there any extra charges for using this?
    no. the app will cost $ when the beta ends.
    05-06-09 06:02 PM
    so i wont get any crazy charges from verizon for doing this? lol thanks a lot
    05-06-09 06:10 PM
    Short answer: No

Long Answer: PC doesn't mean "Windows based machine". PC means, personal computer. Yes, Apple pokes fun at "PC" in their commercials, but really- any computer, whether it runs Windows, Linux, or OS X, technically can be a "PC".
    I understand that, my point was coming from the typical PC meaning Windows based and Mac being Mac. Just the norms of what advertising they make us believe. Too bad it seems people are having trouble getting this to work.
    05-06-09 06:30 PM
    Everything running fine even on VMware after deleting BlackberryUSB.kext and BlackberryUSBDev.kex wonder if i have to buy twice hum thanks for all the help
    05-06-09 06:57 PM
    so i wont get any crazy charges from verizon for doing this? lol thanks a lot
    no one can guarantee that. Don't use any high bandwidth apps (bit torrent) and you should be ok
    05-06-09 07:45 PM
    Here is a suggestion. on the gui menu, add an option so that apple + q works to quit. The exit button can be a pain.
    Do you mean to quit via the command button + q to quit instead of clicking the exit button? Clicking the red x will do the same thing as the exit button, also right click the dock icon and choosing quit will do the same thing.
    05-06-09 09:08 PM
    For those of you that needed to unload certain drivers to get it to work, you should be able to load them again once finished tethering to get access to whatever app used them.

i.e. sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/DriverName.kext

Hope that helps
    05-06-09 09:09 PM
172 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD