05-20-09 01:14 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey guys...didn't even realize there was a Mac forum on here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=2482692
    05-06-09 12:12 AM
    Yay!! This could fix my problem...just switched from a PC and I was so worried I wouldn't be able to tether- I use it all the time!
    05-06-09 12:12 PM
    I have never tried tethering! I don't think that I need it! Is there any guide I can look on?
    05-06-09 01:23 PM
    Tethering costs for some carriers- Rogers Canada doesn't charge for it so I refuse to pay for hotspots when I don't need to!

Tetherberry helps you tether!
    05-06-09 03:46 PM
    I'm waiting for the beta download to be emailed to me, but I will tell you, because you just came to the Light side, that I tether with my Macbook Pro with 10.5.6. It is completely free and I use BlueTooth. Our phones and computers work together pretty well. For free, unlike TetherBerry.
    05-06-09 06:55 PM
    I'm waiting for the beta download to be emailed to me, but I will tell you, because you just came to the Light side, that I tether with my Macbook Pro with 10.5.6. It is completely free and I use BlueTooth. Our phones and computers work together pretty well. For free, unlike TetherBerry.
    What?
    05-06-09 06:58 PM
    what carrier do you have??
    05-06-09 07:26 PM
    what carrier do you have??
    What carrier does it say I have? I have Sprint. They do not charge me for a tethering plan. They don't know I tether. It just shows up as my regular data for them.

*Edit* - Maybe this older post will help you guys understand what I mean by how I'm tethering and what my plan is and everything, I hope this helps!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/833...-works-182412/
    Last edited by TrippinSkott; 05-07-09 at 04:47 PM.
    05-06-09 08:17 PM
    The only tethering method we are currently aware of is directly through BlueTooth, in which case the speeds are already limited about 256 kbps. Tetherberry uses USB where we've had users report speeds up to 1,800 kbps
    05-06-09 09:45 PM
    The only tethering method we are currently aware of is directly through BlueTooth, in which case the speeds are already limited about 256 kbps. Tetherberry uses USB where we've had users report speeds up to 1,800 kbps
    Well...now you also know you can use either VZ Access Manager, or tether directly through OS X.
    05-06-09 09:50 PM
    No need to wait for it to be emailed to you anymore guy's.

I just installed it all and it works fine. Just seemed very slow to me!

Instructions for the beta from TetherBerry:

1. Leopard Mac Version: www.tetherberry.com/d/TetherBerry.dmg

2. Run the setup file and install our software. Make sure to set your TetherBerry adapter to run in DHCP mode

3. Download our BlackBerry software by opening the following URL with your BlackBerry device, from the browser at http://tetherberry.com/d/tetherberry.jad

4. The first time the TetherBerry application is run on your phone you will be asked what type of connection to use. Please try Default first as this works for most of our users. If you are having problems connecting you can change the setting through the menu to be Direct as this is the next best option for most people. As a final resort, try the BES/MDS option.

5. You should be asked to plug in your BlackBerry to your PC, if you havent already done so. If you have a password set on your BlackBerry the software on the PC will ask you for that password. You only have 10 attempts!

6. You should now be able to surf the web. Please turn off any bandwidth consuming applications like BitTorrent to ensure high speeds.

7. If you are seeing an error for "Tunnel Failed", this means you need to set the correct APN and make sure all permissions have been granted to TetherBerry on your BlackBerry device.
    05-07-09 06:34 PM
    No need to wait for it to be emailed to you anymore guy's.

I just installed it all and it works fine. Just seemed very slow to me!

Instructions for the beta from TetherBerry:

1. Leopard Mac Version: www.tetherberry.com/d/TetherBerry.dmg

2. Run the setup file and install our software. Make sure to set your TetherBerry adapter to run in DHCP mode

3. Download our BlackBerry software by opening the following URL with your BlackBerry device, from the browser at http://tetherberry.com/d/tetherberry.jad

4. The first time the TetherBerry application is run on your phone you will be asked what type of connection to use. Please try Default first as this works for most of our users. If you are having problems connecting you can change the setting through the menu to be Direct as this is the next best option for most people. As a final resort, try the BES/MDS option.

5. You should be asked to plug in your BlackBerry to your PC, if you havent already done so. If you have a password set on your BlackBerry the software on the PC will ask you for that password. You only have 10 attempts!

6. You should now be able to surf the web. Please turn off any bandwidth consuming applications like BitTorrent to ensure high speeds.

7. If you are seeing an error for "Tunnel Failed", this means you need to set the correct APN and make sure all permissions have been granted to TetherBerry on your BlackBerry device.

Did all of that, and nothing. Whenever I start the app on my computer, it says "Can't load BlackBerry GUI" or something. The app on my computer doesn't recognize the app on the phone. I deleted it. I battery pulled my phone too after I installed TB, but nothing happened. Booo.
    05-07-09 07:08 PM
    Did all of that, and nothing. Whenever I start the app on my computer, it says "Can't load BlackBerry GUI" or something. The app on my computer doesn't recognize the app on the phone. I deleted it. I battery pulled my phone too after I installed TB, but nothing happened. Booo.
    That's odd. Are you sure you double checked the permissions on the Tetherberry app on you're Blackberry?

Also, before you connect, go to the "Network Preferences" on the MAC with Tetherberry GUI running. THEN start Tetherberry on your Blackberry and see, I think I remember having to do this for the initial connection, and then I saw the IP address come on right away. Double check in the network preferences that that interfeace is setup for DHCP by default.

Hope this helps.
    05-07-09 09:38 PM
    Is Tetherberry worth the money? What connection speeds do you get?
    05-08-09 12:50 PM
    the beta right now is free, so you're definitely going to get your money's worth.

Earlier today I got 77 KiloBYTES/s download
    05-08-09 07:03 PM
    Only worth the money until you get your bill:
    please be extremely carefull using tetherberry, there have been multiple posts of people on here who have been charged high data charges and had their phones shut off and accounts investigated by verizon due to using tetherberry, it does violate your tos and it does say on the tetherberry site you can be charged for using it. not trying to rain on your parade but please research a bit more before making that decision
    05-08-09 08:54 PM
    Speeds really depend on what carrier you are using, what connection type you are using, how many people are on the network at your given time, etc...
    05-08-09 09:24 PM
    Tetherberry worked fine for me via Parallels and XPpro but not on OS/X. Even though the Blackberru application says "connected via USB the desktop says BlackBerry not found.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 02:34 PM
    I'm not noticing much of a difference between this and bluetooth honestly...
    05-11-09 03:22 PM
    Yeah so I used this for awhile today... the speeds suck. With a direct USB tether in Windows, I get about 1.6 down, .11 up... with this program, I get no more than 300 or so down and .1 up.

Anyone else have experience to share? One thing that I DO like about it is that I still get my email when this app is running... I don't get any internet on my phone when I am tethering usually.
    05-11-09 11:56 PM
    I signed up for the Beta a week ago, but with no reply. When I click download it says my cart is 50 dollars... Any advice?
    05-12-09 10:14 AM
    Didn't work for me- I'm allowed to Tether as I'm on Rogers in Canada and I have 6gigs of Data...but tetherberry wouldn't connect for me. So I just have to deal with Bluetooth for now.
    05-12-09 11:04 AM
    Yeah so I used this for awhile today... the speeds suck. With a direct USB tether in Windows, I get about 1.6 down, .11 up... with this program, I get no more than 300 or so down and .1 up.

Anyone else have experience to share? One thing that I DO like about it is that I still get my email when this app is running... I don't get any internet on my phone when I am tethering usually.
    Same deal here on the speeds. If I tether in Windows or through Verizon's vzaccess I get nice speeds. I'm getting the same 300 down and 100 up using tetherberry on the mac though. How do we get it to run at full speed??
    05-13-09 01:56 PM
    Tetherberry worked fine for me via Parallels and XPpro but not on OS/X. Even though the Blackberru application says "connected via USB the desktop says BlackBerry not found.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here. Works fine in xp pro using vmware fusion. tetherberry in osx 10.5.0 using 8830 sprint world edition is not working at all. Says Blackberry not found on the mac gui.
    05-18-09 12:46 AM
    There is no "Tetherberry Adapter" for my MB Pro after I install the software.

I get "Failed To Load Blackberry Device" when I launch the App on the Mac.
    05-18-09 06:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD