Will I be able to tether a Mac laptop to the Storm? I understand that it will work with a PC but will it work with a Mac?
    10-11-08 10:45 AM
    Why wouldn't it? You can currently tether your 8330 to your Mac... the Storm will do the same.
    10-11-08 10:54 AM
    Why wouldn't it? You can currently tether your 8330 to your Mac... the Storm will do the same.
    Agreed. I run both Mac OS 10.5.5. and Windows Vista on my Macbook Pro and I can tether in both OS's. In fact, it is easier to tether in the Mac OS than the Windows OS.
    10-11-08 01:44 PM
    Sorry for the stupid ?, but how fast is this connection? I have a vz broadband card and my contract ends in a month. I am getting the storm, so i'm assuming it would be cheaper to just tether. Is it worth the money to add this feature to my plan?
    Thanks
    10-11-08 05:57 PM
    Sorry for the stupid ?, but how fast is this connection? I have a vz broadband card and my contract ends in a month. I am getting the storm, so i'm assuming it would be cheaper to just tether. Is it worth the money to add this feature to my plan?
    Thanks
    I currently see about 100 kbps on my 8830 when tethered. I don't if that is normal, fast, or slow for most users, and I don't know if the Storm will be faster, but the 100 kbps is decent enough for my usage, and I can browse any web site I want. I don't think I would use it to download music or watch streaming movies, but I have a cable modem at home for that.
    10-11-08 06:10 PM
    100 Kb/s is faster then my broadband here.
    10-11-08 06:27 PM
    I am responding while tethered with my Storm to my Mac via Bluetooth.
    I worked all morning to make it happen. it didnt work until I tethered using vista and the vzw access disc. Then I rebooted into Leopard and it worked using the #777, yournumber@vzw3g.com, and vzw.

I do have the tethering added to my account. I'm not sure if the vzw disc activates a Bluetooth protocol or what but now it works and it before it didnt.

Below are my speed test results.

Last edited by abstractinnovations; 11-23-08 at 09:49 PM.
    11-23-08 09:42 PM
    abstract...
    I have been trying to get my storm working via bluetooth and am unable... Is there anyway you can post your complete settings here for enabling it. I feel like a moron because I have always been able to to tether via bluetooth with just about any phone but can't seem to get this to work. I am sure there is one setting that I am forgetting! Thanks
    11-25-08 02:23 PM
    abstract...
    I have been trying to get my storm working via bluetooth and am unable... Is there anyway you can post your complete settings here for enabling it. I feel like a moron because I have always been able to to tether via bluetooth with just about any phone but can't seem to get this to work. I am sure there is one setting that I am forgetting! Thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/blu...utorial-33137/
    11-25-08 02:29 PM
    thank you so much!
    11-25-08 05:36 PM
    Do I need to start from scratch?

I had my 8830 tethered to my MAC via Bluetooth. I tried to switch it to my Storm but it keeps telling me it could not open the device. I linked the Storm to the Mac via bluetooth and switched the account name to reflect the 3G access as in"mycellnumber"@vzw3g.com.

What else do I need to configure?
    11-26-08 12:02 PM
    ok so I went through the steps to get this thing linked.....My issue is when I come to the screen that says bluetooth mobile phone set up... all the boxes are greyed out. I cannot make any changes? Any suggestions?
    11-26-08 04:43 PM
    Agreed. I run both Mac OS 10.5.5. and Windows Vista on my Macbook Pro and I can tether in both OS's. In fact, it is easier to tether in the Mac OS than the Windows OS.

I am a new to this site and would like some help tethering my BB Storm to my Mac. I run OS 10.5.5 on the New MacBook Pro. I have tried several time to set up my phone with the Bluetooth config but no luck. Can You please help me out with this

Thanks
    11-30-08 08:18 PM
    ok so I went through the steps to get this thing linked.....My issue is when I come to the screen that says bluetooth mobile phone set up... all the boxes are greyed out. I cannot make any changes? Any suggestions?
    I have the same issue. I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 and I have a Storm. I signed up for tethering service this afternoon but Verizon tech support couldn't help me set up on the Mac. I know I must be missing somwthing, just not sure what.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 10:31 PM
    I got it working using the steps by saslack in this thread... worked like a charm...http://forums.crackberry.com/!104455...m-os-x-104455/
    Last edited by rynoondew; 12-08-08 at 10:54 PM.
    12-08-08 10:46 PM
    Nobody from Verizon reminded me I had to activate my newly-purchased tethering service on the phone itself...that's why the dropdown menus and the modem selection boxes were greyed out. I dialed #228, and once the activation was done everything worked great. Now I'm posting this from Firefox on my Macbook Pro through my Storm's Bluetooth connection.

I agree with Nachos Libres...with the correct settings on my phone, this was far easier than it ever was on a PC.
    12-08-08 11:25 PM
    I am also in the"gray shaded box zone." I did the *228, rebooted, but no help. Any thoughts?
    12-17-08 09:44 PM
    I finally got my storm to pair with my macbook but it says not connected. I don't know where to go to click connect. (sounds pretty dumb, uhh?) Please help!
    12-17-08 11:13 PM
    12-24-08 07:19 PM
    It worked like a charm... if you need to tether the mac to the blackberry storm and want detailed instructions, just simply shoot me an email at:

justinlpugh@gmail.com

It is quite easy and only takes no more than 3 minutes tops...
    12-25-08 09:46 AM
    Don't suppose anybody would have any idea how to do this on a Telus account? I have the unlimited data, not sure if that would include tethering or not.
    02-07-09 10:47 PM
    Frustrated trying to tether blackberry storm with mac book pro.

I had a Verizon Blackberry Curve before recently swapping over to the Blackberry Storm. I had no problems tethering with the cable with the curve to my mac book, had VZ Access manager 4.2.2 installed and device detected without any issues. I recently tried tethering with the Blackberry Storm and I get the message no devices detected. I am running Mac OS 10.5.6, I have tried to tether with both vzam 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 and neither will detect the storm.

I am dual booting my mac and the tethering works fine on the windows side of things, however I prefer to connect to the internet on the mac side of things. I also tried setting up a bluetooth connection, paired the mac w/ the Storm and then I get to the screen to enter the username, password and # to dial but everything is greyed out. I don't know if I have a setting wrong on the device (I dont believe so, as it is working on the windows side) or if there is something going on with the mac side of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-20-09 11:40 PM
    10.5.6 is your issue. The update breaks the connections. Either revert back or hope 10.5.7 fixes it =(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD