I have a Blackberry Curve and AT&T is my provider. I have paid for the tethering service, but now I need to know how I can get it to work with my Mac.

I would LOVE to use the USB option instead of the Bluetooth. I have gotten it to work once with the Bluetooth and it has never worked since.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thank you!
    09-15-08 04:55 PM
    Well from what I know about AT&T, tethering is an additional $60/month. There are several other discussions about tethering, but unless you are a subscriber to AT&T tethering package, you cannot get connected.

This is due to the cellular carriers see that your unlimited data packages on your Blackberry include all the data that you use DIRECTLY on your Blackberry, not tethering THROUGH your Blackberry to your PC, unless you pay more.....kinda shady if you ask me!
    09-20-08 07:09 PM
    Well from what I know about AT&T, tethering is an additional $60/month. There are several other discussions about tethering, but unless you are a subscriber to AT&T tethering package, you cannot get connected.

This is due to the cellular carriers see that your unlimited data packages on your Blackberry include all the data that you use DIRECTLY on your Blackberry, not tethering THROUGH your Blackberry to your PC, unless you pay more.....kinda shady if you ask me!
    That is on all counts untrue.

Tethering is 15 dollars a month.

You can tether without the plan, but if you use a high volume of traffic you may get caught and either terminated or have the tethering plan added to your plan.

Bluetooth tethering still works, I do it occasionally, once or twice a month. No luck on USB tethering though.

But it would be easier to properly provide information if people didn't spread misinformation about plans they know nothing about.
    09-20-08 09:16 PM
    Hey pal, it is one thing to correct me, if I had quoted information incorrectly, but there is no need to be an *** about it!

I had previously found the tethering information on AT&T's site, things may have changed since I last looked, which has been several months.

Next time remove your head from your A$$ before you speak!

EDIT: BTW I did see the correct info on AT&T's site. Their tethering package is an All-In-One kit, which is the personal messaging (Email, text, SMS) and tethering for $60! Sorry I had to spell that one out for you.

As for your post [QUOTE=SmartIndianKid;742300]You can tether without the plan, but if you use a high volume of traffic you may get caught and either terminated or have the tethering plan added to your plan.
    Bluetooth tethering still works, I do it occasionally, once or twice a month. No luck on USB tethering though.[QUOTE]
    This is what I was trying to avoid telling someone that they CAN tether, and put their account at jepordy and possible cancellation due to "misinformation" about tethering.
    Last edited by xholmezx78; 09-22-08 at 02:03 PM.
    09-22-08 01:32 PM
    You are both wrong! Ive been tethering on a blackberry via usb for 2 years without a tethering plan!
    07-10-10 01:53 PM
    Your first post is to bring back a thread from 2008???
    07-10-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD