06-22-09 08:37 AM
35 12
tools
    Just do what I did and get Fusion for the Mac puts Windows in and call it a day. That is how I updated my BB to the new OS............from my desktop on my Mac through the Fusion program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 12:49 PM
    Was your previous computer before the mac a windows based unit? If so, and it still works, use DM on it and sync up with it.
    06-21-09 01:11 PM
    Have you ever thought about setting up a Gmail account and using Google Sync to keep your contacts and calendars in line.
    I love Google Sync, it always works great for me. My music and other documents I just drag and drop to the SD card. It works just like a flash drive.

But, if you use Outlook then I would make sure you have the latest version of PocketMac installed.
    06-21-09 01:14 PM
    Why are so many Mac users averse to setting up a Bootcamp partition, and slapping Windows on there? It works great from what i've seen, and avoids the USB pitfalls common to virtual machines such as Fusion.
    06-21-09 10:26 PM
    Do what ever is need to be done personally why pay 300 on a iphone when u can buy a computer with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:31 PM
    Thanks again for all the responses. My previous computer that I had was a Windows-based machine. It crashed, and I no longer have a PC. I switched over to a Mac, which I like better than a PC (this is for a whole 'nother debate).

Anyways, I do all my work now on a Mac. I actually do have fusion with Windows on it, but it is too much trouble to sync my contacts and calendar on the PC, and then use my Mac for emails. That means I would have to manually copy over each new contact and calendar event into the Mac. Too much work.
    06-21-09 11:06 PM
    Google Sync works for me. I tried Pocket Mac and Missing Sync, and each had many problems for me. It's not perfect, and I'd rather have a real BB Desktop for Mac.

I've played around with Parallels, but I have problems loading the BB Desktop software onto it. Once I actually got it loaded, then every time I hooked up my Storm, the Windows side wouldn't recognize it.
    06-21-09 11:26 PM
    am I the only one who can't get google sync to work on my BB??? I tried it with my pearl(numerous times) and with my storm. Contacts get duplicated and when I go to send a email, the BB doesn't auto fill the contacts email address i.e. I start typing alle....nothing auto fills even though the contact "Allen" is in my address book. Ugh! I wish it worked soooo bad. I would LOVE an iPhone just for the perfect syncing but I also have crappy att coverage in my town(big surprise). As for Pocket Mac...ha! yeah, it's crap! I have the same erratic sync B.S. that everyone has mentioned.
    06-22-09 12:04 AM
    After playing with the Iphone 3Gs for about 30 minutes in the store. I'm definitely getting an Iphone. I can't believe how much faster the 3Gs is. Browsing is also so much faster then my Storm (.148). Everything about the Iphone is just so much faster. I've never had an issue with my Storm but it's just slow compared to the everyday functions of the Iphone.
    You may want to rethink your decision. AT&T and Apple stores both have WiFi set up in their stores. That's why the iPhone seems so fast. Turn off WiFi and see what happens. Unless your in one of the few cities att has 3G, it's gonna be insanely slow.
    06-22-09 12:06 AM
    Anyways, I do all my work now on a Mac. I actually do have fusion with Windows on it, but it is too much trouble to sync my contacts and calendar on the PC, and then use my Mac for emails. That means I would have to manually copy over each new contact and calendar event into the Mac. Too much work.
    I sync my MBP 10.5.7 using Missing Sync. I do overwrite the BB with the MBP contacts & calendar, but that's because I've never found ANY sync on ANY phone on ANY OS that didn't screw up/lose contacts (mostly) or calendar entries.

I used Fusion only to upgrade the Storm to .148 - turned off all the other syncs.

So, you CAN have the best of both worlds.
    06-22-09 08:37 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD