What options are available for grabbing audio/video podcasts and syncing to my Curve 8330? Do I need to use iTunes and a third party sync app like iTuneMyWalkman?

I was using SyncTunes but today I noticed that development stopped with a bug that may delete files. So I stopped using it. Worked good for audio podcasts but wouldn't sync video podcasts. I used iSquint to manually convert and copy over the video files but that takes too much time.

Any suggestions? What do you guys use on your mac's?
    07-31-08 07:12 PM
    I use the manual isquint method and just use missing sync to keep the folders in sync with missing sync like you were saying. Of everything I tried and played with it works the best. Viigo at some point should be offering audio podcasts in the project tango, but not sure when that will be released.

It sucks, but manual works best, at least for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 09:18 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I wish that RIM or someone else would make it easy to sync audio/video podcasts. There are many simple rss readers out there, so I imagine it would be easy to sync without conversions. I use missing sync on my work mac, but have all my personal stuff on another mac. I might give it a try using missing sync but I think that's only audio transfers. Maybe there's an Apple Script because iTuneMyWalkman isn't working, getting error messages.
    07-31-08 09:58 PM
    Have you tried the Media Sync app yet?
    07-31-08 10:08 PM
    Have you tried the Media Sync app yet?
    Are you talking about the 'windows only' media sync app?
    07-31-08 10:15 PM
    Wouldn't know since I have no need for any sort of app.
    07-31-08 10:23 PM
    Any one have any suggestions on syncing video podcasts? Do you use a different program other than itunes? Which rss feed works without manually converting the video?
    08-05-08 01:07 PM
    If you have quick time, open your video podcast there, then export. When it prompts you with "save export as" hit the options button and make sure the image size and video format are correct. I'm not sure, but I think it has to be mpeg-4 basic. Anyway, save and then just place it in your sd card on the Blackberry. It's been working for me.
    08-05-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD