Hi there. I own a blackberry Curve 8300

I have used PCs my whole life and just converted to Mac. I used to use the "Desktop manager" software to sync my BB notes and contacts very easily with MS outlook on my PC.

With my Mac, It seems to me that MS entourage is more or less the equivalent of office. But with my Mac Desktop manager, the option to sync to entourage isn't there. When I open the software, I only have the option to "two way sync" but I don't have any idea what my contacts/notes are being synced with! Surely there's some way this can be done. The program also deleted all my 800 phone contacts when I attempted a sync. (Thank god I have these backed up on my PC @ Work!)

Thanks so much! Anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

Yours,
    Confused in New York
    01-14-10 10:28 PM
    I use missing sync but I believe bb desktop will sync with address book and ical... never could get missing sync to do entourage...
    01-14-10 10:57 PM
    I have an iMac G5 running 10.5.8 (Leopard) and a Curve 8330 running 4.5.0.175. When hooked up through my Desktop Manager (from RIM Mac Version), I sync my contacts to my Address Book, and my calendar to iCal. I have it set to sync both ways, BUT, if it's your first time, do not allow the computer to delete or substitute your phone information, because it will erase them all, as your computer will sync your device to an empty basket. Also, I only manipulate my information on my phone and never on my computer, so my preference is never set to replace information on Blackberry device any way. My computer is used as a primary backup for my Curve. As with any new upgrade or change in pattern, it's always good to do a backup first. Good luck.
    01-14-10 11:14 PM
    Did you try entourage? I could never figure that out....
    01-14-10 11:21 PM
    Gotcha. I can't even figure out how to sync this thing with Address book. Could someone walk me step by step? Forgive my noobieness. Total mac virgin here.
    01-14-10 11:42 PM
    Did you try entourage? I could never figure that out....
    I haven't tried with Entourage. I'll try and research to see what I can find.
    01-15-10 12:09 AM
    Gotcha. I can't even figure out how to sync this thing with Address book. Could someone walk me step by step? Forgive my noobieness. Total mac virgin here.
    When you connect your Blackberry to your computers USB, simply allow it to sync with your Blackberry, by clicking on the contacts, and allowing 2 way syncing, but do not allow it to substitute your Blackberry Device information (under Advanced Settings). It will automatically sync to your address book.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-15-10 at 12:24 AM.
    01-15-10 12:21 AM
    Thank you...I will try this when I am back home! and what is a good Mac program to sync my MemoPad with?
    01-15-10 12:34 AM
    Thank you...I will try this when I am back home! and what is a good Mac program to sync my MemoPad with?
    I have not used my Memo Pad, so I do not know. LoL.
    01-15-10 01:05 AM
    Thank you so much for your help! Most appreciated
    01-21-10 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD