I have had a BlackBerry Curve 8330 for a few months now. I more or less like it. As soon as I got it, I got PocketMac - and it ran fine on my MacBook Pro (gen before new aluminum) with Leopard.

Then it stopped syncing. I saw a lot of people had that "synchronizing data" point where it just stopped syncing. I kept trying. It wouldn't work. So I just didn't sync for a while. Then I tried to install some new themes - and both the program and the phone itself kept crashing (and i was able to install Pacman and another game easily earlier in the PocketMac ownership).

I then uninstalled and reinstalled PocketMac TWICE - WITH the driver update (following a post that mentioned to delete the old drivers because the new one doesn't replace them). NOW the program wont even open.

Is there another free (I have no money to spend on apps at all) syncing app that I can use? Or is there something I can do to make PocketMac start working? It is very inconvenient and annoying. Especially since it was working as of a few weeks ago (enough). Now it doesn't work at all!

Need help. And lots of it!
    04-20-09 04:28 PM
    There has been ALOT of bandwidth covering your issue. Pocketmac is useless for pretty much everyone. I use google sync and then spanning sync to sync with my ical calendar - though that is no longer necessary because they are both Caldav compliant. While syncing is not spot on perfect all of the time with google it is pretty damn good and free.
    04-20-09 04:35 PM
    I'll give the google sync method a go.

What about installing 3rd Party Apps when OTA isn't always available. Am i just pretty much SOL for that?
    04-20-09 07:01 PM
    Tried Google Sync. Synced contacts fine. But keeps giving an Error for Calender. I went into the calender app to trying see what's up- and it says that Wireless Sync is off....and it wont let me change it. How do I do that? Will that allow Google Sync to sync my calender then too?
    04-21-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD