I was using PocketMac on my iMac to sync between Entourage and my BB 8830. No problems, until I installed the new Office 2008. The calendar wouldn't sync after that. Anyone else having that problem?

I'm an old Missing Sync (Mark/Space) customer, so I was able to "crossgrade" to Missing Sync for BlackBerry. After learning how to use Entourage's Sync Services feature (also a part of 2004), I was able to sync between Entourage 2008 and my BB.
    01-16-08 04:07 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I e-mailed Blackberry help and they replied that Office 2008 is not supported by PocketMac for Blackberry. I can't believe that being Blackberry the most popular business smart phone, and Office 2008 such an important release, that no one thought about this issue sooner. This is very bad for business.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    01-22-08 04:54 AM
    MacWindows News: Microsoft dropped direct BlackBerry syncing in Entourage 2008; no 3rd-party support

Sorry if this is a double post, but my original reply seems to be lost.
    01-28-08 06:38 PM
    As I read the article, you should be able to sync using the Mac standard sync program until PocketMac releases an update. Glad I'm behind the times and still using the old version of Entourage :-) I used the Mac progrm on my old Razor and it seemed to work.

As a new BB user, I take it that the reoccurring events (bdays, etc) attached to Entourage contacts is not carried over in the sync..
    02-09-08 08:56 PM
    Yeah, but as I discovered, the Mac iSync program has some glitch that often results in duplicate contacts and/or double entries for all-day calendar events. So...can't sync directly to Entourage 2008; if you sync via the alternate method of iSync, you get lots of duplicates you have to clean up in Entourage, iCal and on your BBerry. At this point, I may not sync again until PocketMac...someday...comes up with a direct sync to Entourage 2008.
    02-14-08 01:28 AM
    I have also just installed Entourage 2008 and get the following message when I try and synchronise:

[09:25:25.834] Could not lcoate the Microsoft Entourage Office Synchronization Tool.
    [09:25:31.050] Could not lcoate the Microsoft Entourage Office Synchronization Tool.

I cannot find a solution for this. If anyone knows what to do, please let me know!

Martin
    02-17-08 02:37 AM
    I was talking with a Blackberry rep not too long ago who said the PocketMac update is definitely coming. So until it does (you can sign up on the PocketMac website to be notified) it is either don't sync, or try doing it via the Mac address book/iCal and hope for minimal duplicates/data problems. Until then, the Blackberry is well...just a phone.
    02-17-08 11:05 PM
    new to this forum i too have a nu 8830 and Entourage 2008. reading these posts it sounds like i have the same problem as many others. M syncing OK with my PC @ work but my IMac @ home only syncs with email and contacts not calendar, notes or tasks. M i stuck till nu ver comes out?
    05-26-08 04:37 PM
    I thought I read some where that you can sync entourage to Ical and the native address book then sync the BB from there.

RIM needs to get us Mac users the DTM and stop the horse crap.
    05-26-08 05:01 PM
    1. On the Entourage menu, click Preferences.
    2. Under General Preferences, click Sync Services.
    3. Do any of the following:
    • To synchronize an Address Book, select the Synchronize contacts with Address Book and .Mac check box.
    • To synchronize a Calendar and all tasks, select the Synchronize events and tasks with iCal and .Mac check box.
    • To synchronize notes, select theSynchronize Entourage Notes with .Mac check boNotes
    • Only one identity can use Sync Services at a time. If you want to turn on Sync Services for a new identity, first switch to the identity that is using Sync Services, follow the preceding

Be sure to select replace sync services items with entourage items or everything in entourage will be lost.
    05-26-08 05:35 PM
    Thanks I think this will work.
    05-28-08 02:06 AM
    1. On the Entourage menu, click Preferences.
    2. Under General Preferences, click Sync Services.
    3. Do any of the following:
    To synchronize an Address Book, select the Synchronize contacts with Address Book and .Mac check box.
    To synchronize a Calendar and all tasks, select the Synchronize events and tasks with iCal and .Mac check box.
    To synchronize notes, select theSynchronize Entourage Notes with .Mac check boNotes
    Only one identity can use Sync Services at a time. If you want to turn on Sync Services for a new identity, first switch to the identity that is using Sync Services, follow the preceding

Be sure to select replace sync services items with entourage items or everything in entourage will be lost.
    After doing this, now what? How do I get my calendar onto my BB now??
    07-08-10 07:58 AM
    Have you installed the BlackBerry DM for Mac?
    07-08-10 06:39 PM
    I was able to sync it today. I have ical and entourage working together and then sync to my bb with Desktop Manager. I'm not sure it's syncing items from my BB to ical or not, but it is working the other way. Also, is there a way to do this wirelessly?
    07-08-10 06:42 PM
    Hi,

It should be two-way sync and goes:

BB <-> iCal <-> Sync Services <-> Entourage
    BB <-> Address Book <-> Sync Services <-> Entourage

You can sync wirelessly with:

Bluetooth with Missing Sync (unreliable)
    Bluetooth on a PC (not a Mac !)
    OTA with BES (try BES hosting)
    OTA with Syncamatic (in beta and uses BIS or APN)
    OTA with Funambol (using your APN data and Thunderbird + Lightning)

So the answer really is "No", you can't sync Mac wirelessly.

-- Robert
    07-09-10 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD