I left a posting regarding syncing and probably made it too complicated. I had a great deal of trouble setting up because I was trying to set up my BB because i was trying to import Palm data (it is now in my BB and syncing) and Mac Desktop Mgr had just been released. Here are my 2 questions:

If I was to get a new BB, and just plugged it in, would would I be asked what Calender and Address Book I wanted to use (I am using iCal and Apple's Address book)?

If I got a new Computer, would I install Desktop Manger and sync. would it sync my data to iCal and Address Book.

Please confirm or correct me.

Stu
    04-09-10 04:25 PM
    Hey,

With OS X and the Blackberry Desktop Manager, all I have to do is plug my BB into my laptop and start that up. If I never connected my BB to the laptop, then BDM goes through and asks a few things, and then you can choose what you want to sync to it.
    I have two on mine right now, because I updated my brothers BB, and it sync'd fine.

As far as getting a new computer, what I would do is in iCal go to File -> export -> iCal Archive, and in Address Book go to File -> export -> Address Book Archive and copy them to the new machine, then import.
    This way, the next time I sync'd my BB to the new computer, I would overwrite the calendar and address book on the BB.

I have sync'd from my BB to my laptop and the only issues I ran into was it sync'd the calendar into the wrong iCal calendar. So nothing big. If you tried this, I would export the iCal and Address Book from the old machine, just in case something went wrong.
    04-11-10 01:37 PM
    Thanks, I guess I was being paranoid.
    04-12-10 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD