09-07-09 11:56 PM
27 12
tools
    I've been using Missing Sync since I had the Storm. I've since gotten a Tour and find it errors out quite a bit.

I've had really good luck syncing the calendar using Spanning Sync with Google Sync. I like because it keeps both of my calendars updated on the fly (practically) and I don't have to keep connecting my phone to my computer anytime there is a calendar change.

And, the Mac should see your BB when it's connected if you have a SIM card. On the BB, go to Options --> Memory and turn on MTP and Mass Storage Support. That way, when you connect the SIM should mount like any other external drive.

I have played with DoubleTwist too and it works great for getting non-drm'd iTunes track into your BB too.
    08-30-09 03:37 PM
    Well i had to switch phones with my provider, and Pocket Mac seemed to only update a small percentage of my contacts. So since i need to back this thing up quickly, i checked out Missing Sync and Google Sync. Google Sync has a free trial option which worked out ok. Dont wanna spend the $40 or $25 on Missing/Spanning sync respectively since DTM for MAC is coming out this month.

Google sync didnt seem to recognize the PIN area in my phone book and chucked everyones PIN in the "Other section" So i had to manually move it over. But other then that, it sync'd my cal & contacts ok. U get what u pay for i guess. Anyway, this blog will soon be dead once DTM launches this month. Still waiting for my notification email from RIM!
    09-07-09 11:56 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD