I would like to get the new Tour.

1. Can a Blackberry synch with a Mac?

2. If so, can it synch with iCal, Address Book, and Mail?

Thanks.
    07-01-09 06:20 PM
    You can do this all through PocketMac. Google it.
    07-01-09 06:25 PM
    there's also a mac section of these forums. im a mac user as well, and that forum has been very helpful for me!
    07-01-09 06:49 PM
    I hope so I'm getting the tour next month an a macbook pro in aug or sept!!!!!
    07-01-09 07:19 PM
    Just to clarify, Pocketmac will sync ical, address book, and a few other things. You CANNOT however, use a macbook to upgrade and install, switch devices, backup, etc.
    07-01-09 07:23 PM
    so wait if I have a storm and have everything saved on my macbook it won't put it into my tour when I get it!
    07-01-09 08:08 PM
    You may want to look into MissingSync.
    07-01-09 09:48 PM
    I have a Macbook Pro and I sync it with using PocketMac. Its not great but it does sync calendar and contacts. It doesn't sync notes. Their is supposedly a full version for the Mac that will work just like the Windows version but its not out yet.
    07-01-09 10:00 PM
    so wait if I have a storm and have everything saved on my macbook it won't put it into my tour when I get it!
    If all of your info was already on your Macbook (as in your calendar and contacts) then it will. Unfortunately, if you're looking to backup your phone and switch devices, then you won't be able to do it. It's a pain in the *** and pretty stupid, but you will just have to borrow someone's PC.
    07-01-09 10:12 PM
    You don't need to borrow someone's PC... you can use BootCamp / Fusion / Parallels / Crossover.

MissingSync also allows installs and full backups as well.
    07-01-09 11:05 PM
    i have a mac also..and i don't want to install windows on here ever, haha. so bootcamp and parallels, all that is out for me! one of my friends who has a blackberry told me to use Missing Sync. i see a few other ppl in here have recommended it, so try it out! i'll be trying it out when i get the tour
    07-02-09 12:09 AM
    Missing Sync was a workable, annoying (somewhat buggy) requirement for me to sync my Palm Centro with my Mac. The difficulties in doing this make for a compelling argument to wait for the iPhone to arrive on Verizon (2010).
    07-02-09 12:11 AM
    1. Besides synching with iCal and Address Book, is there any reason that you need to connect a Blackberry to a computer? Do you need to connect one to get upgrades for the phone? Do you need one to install apps?

2. If everything you have on the Blackberry (iCal, Address Book) is already synched with your computer and the mail is on a server, why would you need to do a full back up of the Blackberry?
    07-02-09 12:29 AM
    I think iPhone coming to VZN in 2010 is still speculation though....

Missing Sync was a workable, annoying (somewhat buggy) requirement for me to sync my Palm Centro with my Mac. The difficulties in doing this make for a compelling argument to wait for the iPhone to arrive on Verizon (2010).
    07-02-09 12:29 AM
    i think rather than waiting indefinitely for a phone that may never come to your network, you should just use bootcamp and install windows. You can partition off 10 gigs, and install windows and the blackberry desktop manager. It's easy to boot into windows whenever you need to. How often do you sync?
    07-02-09 12:51 AM
    Just order smrtguard. It backs up, restores, locates, clean wipes, just about everything you need for your Berry!
    07-02-09 01:36 AM
    Be sure to read this thread completely before attempting to sync your BB with your Mac. It will solve any problems upfront

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/tho...et-sync-38704/
    07-02-09 02:42 AM
    Unfortunately the best syncing apps for Blackberry are on Windows- here's a solution. Virtual Machines. Download and install the free Sun Virtual Box VirtualBox and you get get a RC copy of Windows 7 for free until March Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program (32 bit) then install the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by joeyville; 07-02-09 at 04:40 AM.
    07-02-09 04:22 AM
    My plan is to use Google Sync.

Google Mobile | Sync for your BlackBerry phone

I've already got it working on the Mac end with iCal (but disabled at the moment because it interferes with Missing Sync for Palm...my current phone...but I've tried it and it works):

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

The Address Book application requires a small hack to enable Google Sync (also disabled by me at the moment for Palm + Missing Sync reasons):

Lifehacker - Enable Google Contact Sync Without an iPhone or iPod Touch - Address Book

The hack seems to revert when I sync with my iPod though. Hopefully Google Sync will be universally enabled in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

As for firmware upgrades and such I'll be using Parallels.
    07-02-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD